Help with converting IDS from JDK 1.1 to JDK 1.4

Babar

Hi,

I have been working at a company for a few months now and now they
have this project for me where I'll have to convert IDS from JDK 1.1
to JDK 1.4.

I have no clue about JAVA and have never taken it; can anybody please
explain to me what this entails i.e. Converting IDS from JDK 1.1 to
JDK 1.4. , and would I be able to do it with no knowledge of JAVA
whatsoever? Thank You for your help. I would like a reply as soon as
possible. Project might even start tomorrow.

Babar.

Chris Smith

Babar said:
I have been working at a company for a few months now and now they
have this project for me where I'll have to convert IDS from JDK 1.1
to JDK 1.4.

What do you mean by IDS? I can't find anything to suggest a meaning for
that acronym. There's a SourceForge project by that name, but it's
apparently written in Perl.
I have no clue about JAVA and have never taken it; can anybody please
explain to me what this entails i.e. Converting IDS from JDK 1.1 to
JDK 1.4. , and would I be able to do it with no knowledge of JAVA
whatsoever?

Assuming this is source code you want to convert, it would be risky to
try to accomplish conversion from such an old version of Java without
knowing *anything* about Java.

You're much more likely to be successful if the project doesn't use GUI
controls (Swing or AWT); recent versions of Java are largely backward
compatible, but there are several questionable pieces of GUI code that
could break, particularly relating to control focus.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation