Help with error "project file cannot be found"

David

I am working on a small web app. I attempted to copy it to the remote
server via. the project/copy command and when I closed the project and
attempted to reopen it, I get the error "project file cannot be
found". The system also tells me that some of the components are not
installed on the web server. However, I have the IIS installed and I
can create a new web app and it works fine.

How can I find what is missing? I hate to loose a week's work!!!

Thanks

Guest

Hi David,

Not sure whther i had faced the same problem but it was similar to the one
you have

Try this
goto the "VSWebCache" folder in your "documents and settings\yourLoginName"
folder and delete the folder that has the name of your WebApplication

e.g

C:\Documents and Settings\WindowsLoginName\VSWebCache

After deleting the folder open VS IDE and load your project again
Hopefully this should work as it did in my case!

Hope this helps,
Shaun (M.C.P)

http://blogs.wwwcoder.com/shaunakp