IIS & The page cannot be found

Jeff

Hey

ASP.NET 2.0

I've created an asp.net 2.0 portal and trying to deploy it onto another
computer (I'm deploying to a pc with OS: windows 2003 server)...

On this server I try to navigate to the portal using http://localhost/....
But I get the page cannot be found error!

I've checked this IIS and web service extensions does not contain ASP.NET
2.0 (it contains ASP.NET 1.1), so I thought this is causing the error. But
that is strange too, because the server has .NET Framwork 2.0 installed...
the .NET Framwork 2.0 was installed duing setup of windows 2003 server...
the only thing I've done is download and install a bugfix on .NET Framwork
2.0... This server has a complete new installation (just a few hours old) of
windows 2003 server..

any suggestions?

Jeff

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

FYI you don't have to re-install the entire .NET framework to get
asp.net. You can simply execute aspnet_regiis in the .net Framework
folder, generally C:\windows\micrsosoft.net\Framework\vXXXXXX

where XXXX is the version number of the asp.net you want: 1.1 or 2.0