How secure is framework 2.0?

Benton

Hi there,

Currently I have a customer website running with Framework 1.1 and built
with VS 2003. Now at the office I am already playing with VWD 2005 Express
(Beta 1) and wonder if it's safe to convert the project, install the
framework 2.0 on the customer server and install the upgraded project there.

Site is nothing fancy or complex, my main concern is about security. Should
I give it a go?

Best regards,

-Benton

Kevin Spencer

Sure, as long as your client realizes that Framework 2.0 is not out of
beta...

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Juan T. Llibre

You'll be violating your license if you do that.

Beta 2 will come out with a "Go Live" license.

Until then, it's a no-no to run a
commercial site with ASP.NET 2.0.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========

Benton

Thanks for the info. Any target date for Beta 2?

Juan T. Llibre said:
You'll be violating your license if you do that.

Beta 2 will come out with a "Go Live" license.

Until then, it's a no-no to run a
commercial site with ASP.NET 2.0.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP

Juan T. Llibre

I'd have to kill you if I told you... ;-)

But, most analysts say that it should
be sometime in the 2nd quarter 2005,
or very late 1st quarter 2005.

i.e., either before April 1st, or before July 1st.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP