    Hope there is a solution.

    Best Regards
    Firas S Assaad

    Firas Assaad, Jan 13, 2006

  2. If you know that's it's a permissions problem, what's preventing you from
    changing the permissions? Right click the folder in Windows Explorer, go to
    the security tab... I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 13, 2006

  3. Firas Assaad

    Firas Assaad Guest

    What i really mean is that, i programmed a feature that will be hosted
    on the net, which will give the users and visitors to this page the
    ability to register and get a free space at my website so that he could
    put his own pages using. ex: http://www.myname.com/userfolder
    You see the "userfolder" is a real folder on the web server. But the
    problem is how could i put the permissions for the "userfolder" so that
    the user could upload to it without getting the error "Access Denied".
    And ofcourse i can't tell every user to wait few days until i modufy the
    permissions for him. Because there are hunders of such websites that
    will do what i want easyly and faster, like www.geocities.com

    I hope u could give me that solustion as soon as possible

    Thnx in advanced

    Best Regards
    Firas S Assaad

    Firas Assaad, Jan 13, 2006
  4. You could set the permissions on the parent folder. In a default setup, the
    permissions will propegate down then. Just make sure that your app prevents
    user1 from going to yoursite.com/user2's page and uploading files to it.

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 13, 2006
  5. Firas Assaad

    Firas Assaad Guest

    Thanx for the reply. But this way would cause other folder to change
    their permission which i don't want to for security reasons. If there is
    a way to change the NTFS Permissions for chosen folders i would to know
    it cause my work is stoped on this.

    And by the way, i am uploading using AspUpload 3.0. And i read on thier
    user manual that i could login with the username to get previlage in
    uploading files to any desired folder. But it failed, when i tried it.
    If you know how to do it and it would help me in my work, i would
    appreciate it if you tell me.

    http://www.aspupload.com/manual_security.html

    Thanx in Advance

    Best Regards
    Firas S Assaad
    0096892166434

    ASP/VBscript Developer

    Firas Assaad, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Firas Assaad

    Firas Assaad Guest

    Isn't there anybody out there could help me with my little
    problem???????????

    Best Regards
    Firas S Assaad
    0096892166434

    ASP/VBscript Developer

    Firas Assaad, Jan 18, 2006
  7. Firas Assaad

    Stefan Guest

    Hi,

    When your users’ login, make them all impersonate one local server user
    you create with the required permissions. This will keep it simple,
    never mind if a security issue arises you can just deny rights to the
    one local server user you created locking down the site until you sniff
    out the security hole.

    Happy Coding,

    Stefan, CompTIA A+, C# GURU

    "You always have to look beyond the horizon and can never be complacent
    -- God forbid we become complacent." -- Jozef Straus

    Stefan, Apr 17, 2006