    keeping all the aspect in the mind like performance, scalibility, etc?

    Thanks & Regards
    Kausar

    Kausar, Jul 14, 2006

  2. I'll get this discussion started because I am also interested in
    learning the best approach to this scenario. I'll address each of the
    stated features with my own initial thoughts:

    Sequential & Parallel activities:
    Session variables? This task would seem to be to be all about managing
    application state and position in the processes. Does ASP.Net 2.0
    provide some sort of app state management facilities to make this a
    relatively painless endeavor?

    Notifications:
    I'm guessing this would involve server-side processes that could
    populate a table with notifications by user. The logged-in user would
    then see their notifications displayed in a "notification area" of the
    page upon the next post-back operation. This "notification area" might
    be designed into a master page, perhaps?

    Database interaction:
    Seems to me this would be handled in much the same manner as it would
    for non-process-flow designs, with perhaps a bit more involved business
    logic layer.

    Rich

    Richard Carpenter, Jul 14, 2006