    can do it?

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jul 22, 2006

  2. Re: How to print a state flow graph for a state machine using XilinxISE or ModelSim

    Weng Tianxiang wrote:

    > Can you help explain a method to print a state flow graph for any state
    > machine design written in VHDL

    Altera Quartus has such a viewer.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jul 22, 2006

  3. Weng Tianxiang

    Jan Hansen Guest

    "Weng Tianxiang" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can you help explain a method to print a state flow graph for any state
    > machine design written in VHDL using either Xilinx ISE or ModelSim
    > software?
    >
    > If neither has the ability of doing the function, what else software
    > can do it?

    Well, I did a state machine in ISE some time ago, and as far as I can
    remeber, it was a matter of chosing "print" from some meny. I dont recall
    having any trouble with that at all.

    Another thing is that I write my own state machines from now on. In VHDL.
    Thats not difficult at all. And the code generated from ISE is not *that*
    good, when it comes to human readability.

    Jan Hansen, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Hi Jan,
    What I want is not let Xilinx ISE to generate a state machine code for
    me, but I want ISE to print a flow graph of a state machine written in
    VHDL.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jul 25, 2006