How to set up a video streaming forum?

whiteeagle

I do have a yahoo group, but I need to change into a new forum which
allow to have video streaming clips, possible embed from other servers?

I do not have any experience in setting up websites but I need advice.
Do I need a large web server? Is there any sites already have forums
which uploading videoclips?

Any advice?

cwdjrxyz

whiteeagle said:
I do have a yahoo group, but I need to change into a new forum which
allow to have video streaming clips, possible embed from other servers?

I do not have any experience in setting up websites but I need advice.
Do I need a large web server? Is there any sites already have forums
which uploading videoclips?

The most simple method is just to use the usual forum format and
provide a click-on URL for each movie to be shown. Then when a viewer
clicks, they are taken to the movie put up by some poster to the
forum(or yourself). Providing space on a server to store everyone's
videos might prove very expensive if your forum becomes very popular.
Providers of streaming servers usually charge by bandwidth used, and
this can be a lot if some of the videos are at broadband bit rates. If
everyone provides their own server for their own videos, they usually
can get by with an ordinary html server used for their web pages. The
web used to be loaded with groups that posted some of their own videos,
and likely still is. A search of Usenet, Yahoo, and other groups likely
will still turn up some. Many of the owners of the groups likely would
be glad to tell you how they handle videos.

whiteeagle

yes I understand what you mean by making it simple. I want it to be
more modern, I want a topic, which is linked, then see embod all clips
on the pages, which person can see all clips ready to be played, rather
than press the link to other page.

I want it to be more friendly, and I want this site focus on clips more
than texts, know what I mean?