How to uninstall ASP.NET 1.1 from windows 2003

Satish

Hi
How can i uninstall ASP.NET 1.1 from windows server 2003 .. i want to have
just ASP.NET 1.0 on my server

thanks
Satish

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Windows 2003 comes preinstalled with the Framework, so I know of no way to
remove it without some hacking. It is not a problem, as you can set which
Framework is default. I am not sure why you would want to go back in time,
however, as the 1.1 Framework has many security fixes, as well as
performance tweaks. If you need to code for 1.0 on this machine, you can
still do it. If you add the framework tags to the config file, it will run
under 1.0 no matter what the machine has.

Graham

Use aspnet_regiis.exe -u

-u - Uninstall this version of ASP.NET. Existing scriptmaps
to this version are remapped to highest remaining
version of ASP.NET installed on the machine.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Then you will have to set up ASPNet 1.0 using

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

from the directory where you install framework version 1.0.

I hope that works.
Graham.

Graham

.... incidently, you can use these commands to also support multiple
different versions of ASP.Net on the same server (down to the site or
virtual directory).

Graham.