How to use Copy Project

Guest

I use VS.Net 2003 on Win XP Pro SP2. I created an ASP.Net app on local IIS.

Now I just wanted to "Copy Project" to remote server, but I get this error:

"An error occured while copying the project
'http://localhost/MyApp/MyApp.csproj'. The web sever reported the following
error when attemptimg to create or open the web project located at the
following URL: 'http://www.mysite.com'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Sever Error'

More details:
- The remote server is IIS 5.0 on Win2000 Server, running multiple sites on
one IP address. (www.mysite.com is one of them; it has FP 2002 ext). Both
local machine and remote server have .Net Framework 1.1 and ASP.NET is
started.
- www.mysite.com is already existing, I am trying to add MyApp as a subweb
(which is an ASP.Net app).
- The same error occurs with both FrontPage and File Share options in Copy
Project.
- When attempting to "Copy Project", the www.mysite.com log adds a line "GET
/get_aspx_ver.aspx - 500 Microsoft-Visual-Studio.NET/7.10.3077"

What did I miss?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Is it this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886389

CAUSE

When you create or open a project in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003,
Visual Studio .NET 2003 makes an HTTP Web request to determine the version
of the .NET Framework that is on the Web server. Visual Studio .NET 2003
calls the http://servername/get_aspx_ver.aspx page. If you receive the error
message, the default Web site is using Forms authentication, and the request
is redirected to an .htm page. Therefore, the request for the .aspx page is
never made, and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) cannot return
the version information.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, use the location tag to stop Forms authentication
from redirecting the request. To do this, add the following code to the
Web.config file:

<location path="get_aspx_ver.aspx" />

Do you have FTP access to the site? If so, you might find it easier to open
the FTP site in Internet Explorer and then drag the files using Windows
Explorer and drop them into Internet Explorer for upload.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Guest

Thank you.

This didn't fix it... I wonder if this problem has anything to do with the
web on the server not being the default... or is it a security issue with SP2
? I can, however, publish with Frontpage from the same workstation to the
same server. What could be the problem?

Yes I have total access to the server, but I wanted to be able to post
updates easier, as well as to filter files that are not needed.

--
camp