HTML Newsletter?

Christopher Richards

Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

Richard

Christopher said:
Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need
to know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a
browser and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

Use the outlook express stationery feature.
For assistance with that side, see the stationery newsgroups.
But be warned, not all mail handlers will read html and may not accept it as
you intended.

Toby Inkster

Christopher said:
Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
and those that will embed in an email program.

Inline all your CSS. Be aware that many e-mail clients these days block
the loading of images in HTML mail.

Jan Faerber

Christopher said:
Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

It depends on which browsers/email programs your subscribers use most ...
try to get a statistic.

Jeffrey Silverman

Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

With the escalation of the SPAM Wars, an HTML newsletter emailed to
clients or people or whatever might not necessarily be the best solution.
HTML email looks that much more like spam to your typical spam blocker.

Better, possibly, would be to post text-only content of the message and
then a link to a pretty HTML (or even PDF) version of the newsletter.

Robin

Christopher Richards said:
Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

but the question is, why use html when plain text is so much more beautiful.
-Robin

Christopher Richards

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | (e-mail address removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
I agree. However, it's not my decision. I appreciate the helpful comments.