    primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
    know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
    and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    Christopher Richards, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Christopher Richards

    Richard Guest

    Christopher Richards wrote:

    > Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    > primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need
    > to know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a
    > browser and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    Use the outlook express stationery feature.
    For assistance with that side, see the stationery newsgroups.
    But be warned, not all mail handlers will read html and may not accept it as
    you intended.

    Richard, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Christopher Richards

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Christopher Richards wrote:

    > Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    > primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
    > know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
    > and those that will embed in an email program.

    Inline all your CSS. Be aware that many e-mail clients these days block
    the loading of images in HTML mail.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Christopher Richards

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Christopher Richards" <>
    wrote:

    >Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters?

    A new newsletter is now online: http://yoursite/news05122004

    We have included the text of the newsletter as plain text below, please
    visit the link above to see a richer version including images.

    *Text of newsletter here*

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Dec 6, 2004
  5. Christopher Richards

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Christopher Richards wrote:

    > Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    > primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
    > know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
    > and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    It depends on which browsers/email programs your subscribers use most ...
    try to get a statistic.

    --
    Jan

    http://linux.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Dec 6, 2004
  6. On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:41:37 +0000, Christopher Richards wrote:

    > Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    > primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
    > know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
    > and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    With the escalation of the SPAM Wars, an HTML newsletter emailed to
    clients or people or whatever might not necessarily be the best solution.
    HTML email looks that much more like spam to your typical spam blocker.

    Better, possibly, would be to post text-only content of the message and
    then a link to a pretty HTML (or even PDF) version of the newsletter.

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 6, 2004
  7. Christopher Richards

    Robin Guest

    "Christopher Richards" <> wrote in
    message news:lR0td.55263$...
    > Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    > primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need to
    > know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a browser
    > and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    but the question is, why use html when plain text is so much more beautiful.
    -Robin

    Robin, Dec 6, 2004
  8. "Jeffrey Silverman" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:41:37 +0000, Christopher Richards wrote:
    >
    >> Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    >> primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need
    >> know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a
    >> browser
    >> and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    > With the escalation of the SPAM Wars, an HTML newsletter emailed to
    > clients or people or whatever might not necessarily be the best solution.
    > HTML email looks that much more like spam to your typical spam blocker.
    >
    > Better, possibly, would be to post text-only content of the message and
    > then a link to a pretty HTML (or even PDF) version of the newsletter.
    >
    > --
    > Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    > Website | http://www.newtnotes.com
    >
    > Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    I agree. However, it's not my decision. I appreciate the helpful comments.

    Christopher Richards, Dec 7, 2004
  9. "Robin" <webmaster @ infusedlight.net> wrote in message

    > "Christopher Richards" <> wrote
    > in message news:lR0td.55263$...
    >> Where are some good resources for designing html newsletters? I need a
    >> primer. I've only done pages that show in a browser in the past. I need
    >> to know what are the differences between creating pages for view in a
    >> browser and those that will embed in an email program. Thanks.

    > but the question is, why use html when plain text is so much more
    > beautiful.
    > -Robin

    I agree with that too. I did eventually find a tutorial here.
    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/code-html-email-newsletters. Personally, I
    hate newsletters.I would rather have all the news on the site and not in my
    inbox, but that is another matter. Nobody cares what I think and sometime
    neither do I :).

    Christopher Richards, Dec 7, 2004