    Dallas, Texas VC++, C#, embedded systems, VxD's
    1977 SSII SRX31185
    Glock 30

    Zachary Hilbun, Dec 16, 2004

  2. RE: I need to write an ASP that requires a user to give a User Name an

    Zachary Hilbun..
    Are u interested in implementiing Authentication?
    Patrick

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Zachary Hilbun

    clintonG Guest

    It sounds like IIS is configured for Windows authentication. For websites we
    almost always use anonymous authentication. I suggest you go to MSDN and
    read some articles about form based authentication but start with this [1]
    document and check out the IIS FAQ [2].

    C# is used to develop ASP.NET applications (Web Forms) and can be used for
    Windows Forms (desktop) applications. VBScript is used for ASP.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    METROmilwaukee "Regional Information Services"

    [1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305140
    [2] http://www.iisfaq.com/

    clintonG, Dec 17, 2004
  4. Zachary Hilbun

    Guest Guest

    This setting is as part of the client side ie browser
    settings.
    ie browser->Tools->Internet Options->Content[tab]->Press
    Autocomplete Button-> Disable the promt to save check box-
    >Press Ok Button

    regards
    Subramanian

    Guest, Dec 17, 2004
  5. Re: I need to write an ASP that requires a user to give a User Name an

    The part of this I don't understand is what has to happen to make sure the
    standard browser dialog gets poped up that asks them for name and password.
    I may want to store a name and password myself and check it rather than
    using something like Windows authentication, but have the browser pop up
    it's dialog to ask for it and offer to store in on the users computer.

    Zachary Hilbun, Dec 20, 2004