I thought ASP.NET was always the same version as the installed Framework?

PJ6

Just brought up a fresh installation. Installed IIS first, then VS.NET 2003.
Now some of the applications I'm downloading complain that the ASP.NET
server version is 1.0 and not 1.1. Um... I've checked, here, and it looks
like ASP.NET is v1.1. The Framework certainly is. I'm confused???

Paul

John Horst

If you installed IIS with only 1.0 on, and then added 1.1 with VS.NET
2003, IIS may still be using the 1.0 runtine to handle requests.

Look for the following:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe

Run this at the command prompt like this: "aspnet_regiis.exe -i". You
can put a -? After the exe file to see all of the args. The -i arg
updates the IIS metabase to use the 1.1 runtimes.

John