IE "lock down" after installing .NET

listerofsmeg

Hi all,

Fairly new to the world of .NET, but since installing it, IE has been
playing up.

When I installed, I'm sure I remember some dialog saying something
like "Do you want .Net to improve your Internet security settings?". I
took a "Yes" to this as is seemed to be recommended.

The problem I have now is that any link which would normally open a
new IE window no longer works. This is affecting an awful lot of
genuine websites and is driving me crazy. I have to right click the
link and "copy Shortcut", and the manually paste it into the address
line. On certain Flash driven websites I can't even do this :-(

I have searched the security settings in IE in vain to try and fix
this. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Lister

Jeff B.

By chance you haven't installed something like the Google toolbar for
Internet Explorer have you? The latest version of this toolbar includes a
popup blocking feature which works the way you're describing. Other popup
blockers work similarly.

As a test, try holding down the CTRL key when you click on a link that
should open in another window and see if that works. The CTRL key is used
by most popup blockers to allow you to open a popup window.