IIS 5.0 + Win 2000 Server + .NET 1.1 => customErrors stopped working...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Frank, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    I have an IIS 5.0 server that is running both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1
    applications.

    I installed .NET 1.0 first.

    Recently I added .NET 1.1 just for specific new IIS virtual
    directories.

    A problem I've encountered is that for some reason my customErrors

    <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="error.aspx"/>

    doesn't seem to work for my new .NET 1.1 applications. For example,
    if I intentionally try to convert a null object to a string in a page
    load, it gives me an exception page about having to configure
    customErrors. First, it mentions that there was a runtime error.

    The same code works fine on the same machine when setup as a .NET 1.0
    application.

    Does anyone have any clues on what I may be doing wrong? Or, what may
    have changed between .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 that may be impacting what
    I see.

    Thanks,

    Frank
    Frank, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Frank

    Frank Guest

    I found that specifying a full URL solved the problem as in

    http://localhost/myvirtualdirectory/def/errors.aspx

    versus

    def/errors.aspx

    where the IIS 5.0 virtual directory name is "myvirtualdirectory"

    Does anyone know what I may have changed where this appeared to work
    in .NET 1.0, but now doesn't work in .NET 1.1?
    Frank, Jun 16, 2004