IIS 5.0 + Win 2000 Server + .NET 1.1 => customErrors stopped working...

Frank

I have an IIS 5.0 server that is running both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1
applications.

I installed .NET 1.0 first.

Recently I added .NET 1.1 just for specific new IIS virtual
directories.

A problem I've encountered is that for some reason my customErrors

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="error.aspx"/>

doesn't seem to work for my new .NET 1.1 applications. For example,
if I intentionally try to convert a null object to a string in a page
load, it gives me an exception page about having to configure
customErrors. First, it mentions that there was a runtime error.

The same code works fine on the same machine when setup as a .NET 1.0
application.

Does anyone have any clues on what I may be doing wrong? Or, what may
have changed between .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 that may be impacting what
I see.

Thanks,

Frank