    to be installed for webclasses or asp on IIS 6?

    Thanks,

    Ellie

    E Sullivan, Mar 29, 2005

  2. E Sullivan

    E Sullivan Guest

    We just checked the settings and there seems to be quite a few. Is there a
    specific one you are referring to? Also, do you know if asp will work with a
    private IP address or does it have to be public?

    thanks again

    > IIS6 (which means Win2003) has ASP disabled by default.
    > Go into the config for IIS and enable it, and try again.
    >
    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    > Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "E Sullivan" <> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to run vb6 webclasses from a NT IIS6 webserver. For a few

    years
    > > we have been running these successfully on IIS4. I'm having a little
    > > trouble
    > > getting the initial asp page to load. Is there anytning special that

    needs

    E Sullivan, Mar 29, 2005

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/2147
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2476

    --
    Please post DDL, sample data and desired results.
    See http://www.aspfaq.com/5006 for info.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 29, 2005
  4. E Sullivan

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:57:11 -0500, "E Sullivan"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying to run vb6 webclasses from a NT IIS6 webserver. For a few years
    >we have been running these successfully on IIS4. I'm having a little trouble
    >getting the initial asp page to load. Is there anytning special that needs
    >to be installed for webclasses or asp on IIS 6?

    The obvious possibilities:

    How To: Enable ASP on IIS6:
    http://www.visualwin.com/ASP/
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315122

    Also, script blocking software such as personal firewallas and
    internet security programs will interfere.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 30, 2005