IIS ignores web.config in subfolder

Ralf Ziller

I have a ASP.Net application with web.config files in subfolders. This works
fine with the Visual Studio development server. But after publication to an
IIS6 webserver a config file inside a subsubfolder is completely ignored,
regardless of the settings it defines.
Any ideas what could cause this?

Ralf Ziller

It is not the complete web.config which is ignored but rather the
HttpHandlers I define in this web.config.

Patrice

From
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpgenref/html/gngrfhttphandlerssection.asp :

"Please note that Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) has its own
concept of mapping extensions to ISAPIs. For the settings for a given
extension in this section to take effect, the extension must be mapped in
IIS to ASP.NET ISAPI. For nonstandard extensions (something other than
..aspx, .asmx, .asax, and so on), the user must configure IIS."

If it still doesn't work I would move this to the main config file just to
see if it looks like a problem with configuration inheritance or a more
general likely IIS problem.