IIS5 VS IIS6

Areid_philombios

I have a custom File management ASP application that handles Large File uploads and download from a database (30 - 40 MB files) The application works fine on IIS5 but when I relocate it to IIS6 i get an error when I file not found error when i attempt to download out of the Database. IS there a reg setting or metabase setting that i need to change to handle large blob outputs.? Sorry I can't be more specific about the error msg but that is all it give's me a File not found error. it does however work fine with small files less then 2mb in size
Thank

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

It's not a file not found error, it's one of those "helpful" and "friendly"
ridiculously misleading and asinine error messages that Microsoft thought
would be helpful for users.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2476
http://www.aspfaq.com/2147

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

Areid_philombios said:
I have a custom File management ASP application that handles Large File
uploads and download from a database (30 - 40 MB files) The application
works fine on IIS5 but when I relocate it to IIS6 i get an error when I file
not found error when i attempt to download out of the Database. IS there a
reg setting or metabase setting that i need to change to handle large blob
outputs.? Sorry I can't be more specific about the error msg but that is all
it give's me a File not found error. it does however work fine with small
files less then 2mb in size.

areid_philombiod

I took a look at those article's and they don't seem to apply( I may be missing something here) The Code and the web pages work for small files but not for large file's If I missed which article and which part of the article Please let me kno
Thank yo

Areid_philombios

Thanks But Unfortunately that did not work
Tried setting both to 1073741824(1GB) and still the same error
What else can cause this problem
Thank

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Also, I'm still kind of frustrated that you aren't getting the real error.
As I stated before, this dumb "page not found" error is Microsoft's idea of
a cruel joke. Try seeing if following http://www.aspfaq.com/2109 will yield
the real error. Also, try increasing your server.scripttimeout. You might
have a timeout issue (note that this might also be at the firewall level).

Or, try not uploading 10 MB files. Offer a facility for FTP or something a
little more robust than HTTP.

Other than that, sorry, I'm out of ideas.