Install error

Joel Pettigrew

I am installing 3.5 sp1 on multiple systems. Most systems handle the upgrade
fine, however, I have had 2 so far that give an error:
"The Windows Installer service is unavailable. Another application may be
running setup. Finish any installations in progress, or restart and then
re-run setup."

No other setup is running. I have turned both machines off and back on and
the error comes back. On one of the machines I went and ran a windows update
and got XP sp3 and it installed fine. When I went back to run the setup file
"dotnetfx35" it gives me the same error.

The machiens are Windows XP home. 2.0 .net for the most part and most
already have XP service pack 3.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you!
Joel Pettigrew