Install new app on Tomcat link

Francesco Mezzina

Hello,

I must install my Java project in Tomcat.I have copy my Project in \Tomcat
4.1\webapps

and i configure Server.xml with :

<Context path="/Revolution" docBase="Revolution" debug="0"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
prefix="Revolution_examples_log" suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

Revolution is the name of the directory of my project, copied under webapp.

When I call a jsp file,
http://myServer/Revolution/Login.jsp

Tomcat doesn't load this page, and doesn't give me log file
(Revolution_examples_log.txt)

--
----------
Francesco Mezzina

eMinds S.r.l. - Tecnologie Innovative
via P.Togliatti, 8/s - 70052 Bisceglie (BA)
Italy

Phone & Fax +39 080 3991569
WebSite http://www.eminds.it

Erwin Moller

Francesco said:
Hello,

I must install my Java project in Tomcat.I have copy my Project in \Tomcat
4.1\webapps

and i configure Server.xml with :

<Context path="/Revolution" docBase="Revolution" debug="0"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
prefix="Revolution_examples_log" suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

Revolution is the name of the directory of my project, copied under
webapp.

When I call a jsp file,
http://myServer/Revolution/Login.jsp

Tomcat doesn't load this page, and doesn't give me log file
(Revolution_examples_log.txt)

Hi Francesco,

Hard to say what is wrong, but maybe this helps:

Are you sure the contents of the Revolution-directory are:
1) Readable for tomcat? (filepermissions and such)
2) contain a valid web-structure, as defined by sun? (WEB-INF directory, a
valid web.xml file and such)
3) did you restart tomcat? (works for me sometimes)
4) Are there ANY webapps running succesfully anyway in the webapp-directory?

Good luck,
Erwin