IPC client in asp.net 2.0 Beta 2 gets Access denied error when deployed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Qian, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Peter Qian

    Peter Qian Guest

    Hi All,
    I have a simple design where a IPC Client channel sits inside an asp.net
    application and talks to a backend custom data provider. It all works great
    when I run it under VS 2005's debugging server (the one that comes with VS),
    however when I deploy the application using Publish to IIS and run it there,
    i got the following error:

    Failed To Connect to an IPC Port: Access is denied.
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Failed to connect to an IPC
    Port: Access is denied.

    Any idea what could have caused this?
    i have
    secure="true" tokenImpersonationLevel="Impersonation"
    useDefaultCredentials="true"
    on the client channel and
    secure="true" impersonate="true"
    on the server channel.