    2000 Server and IIS.

    Is it even possible to transfer session variables between 2 websites? Or
    share the same variables?

    Gervin, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Gervin

    Ray at Guest

    "Gervin" <> wrote in message
    news:c0an3d$e87$...
    > That was the first question. BTW, I am using Windows 2000 Server.

    Sure, use the built in administration website. http://localhost:5260

    If you want to do this remotely, allow access to this site from your IP
    address. The default is for this site to only allow requests from the
    server itself, with the loopback IP of 127.0.0.1.

    > Second questions is how do I transfer session variables from one virtual
    > website to another website. Currently I have session variables set in say
    > www.first.com and then I click a link and goto www.second.com. How can I
    > transfer session variables from www.first.com to www.second.com? Both

    sites
    > are virtual websites and running on the same physical server running

    Windows
    > 2000 Server and IIS.

    A database would be the best way. Either that, or some other file system
    resource, like writing to files. I'd go with the database though and pass a
    unique ID in a querystring or in a form-post, if that's an option. You'd
    have to store your values in the database and then look them up when you go
    to the other site and do what you like with them, i.e. put them in session
    variables in second.com.

    > Is it even possible to transfer session variables between 2 websites? Or
    > share the same variables?

    No, you can't. Here's an interesting read for you.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2157

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 10, 2004