Is JINI dead?

Albert Deinbeck

I read about JINI and found it a very interesting approach. However, books
and infos are sparse and outdated and so are applications using it.
Is JINI dead and what did it die from?
Do you have other experiences?

rkm

Albert said:
I read about JINI and found it a very interesting approach. However, books
and infos are sparse and outdated and so are applications using it.
Is JINI dead and what did it die from?
Do you have other experiences?

when I got to the part about getting my corporate lawyers
together with their corporate lawyers to hammer out a deal,
well, I decided I could use rmi a whole lot easier.

Patrick May

Albert said:
I read about JINI and found it a very interesting approach. However,
books and infos are sparse and outdated and so are applications
using it. Is JINI dead and what did it die from? Do you have other
experiences?

Jini in general and JavaSpaces in particular are far from dead.
I work for a company that is using those technologies very
successfully to build business systems. See
http://www.intamission.com for more details.

Regards,

Patrick

VT

Patrick May said:
Jini in general and JavaSpaces in particular are far from dead.
I work for a company that is using those technologies very
successfully to build business systems. See
http://www.intamission.com for more details.

Regards,

Patrick

I had used JINI in one of my project and thaks to my knowledge of it I've just
found a new one.
Zurvan