j2ee architechture advice needed

sp

Hi:
We are converting an exsisting non-j2ee Java application to j2ee
architechture.In the current scenario, we have a Java batch program,
which wakes regularly and invokes certain services.

Does j2ee have any support for such kind of polling mechanism? .
Another option would be to keep the dameon process as a simple Java
program, which wakes up regulary and does JNDI lookups and invokes
certain j2ee services. In this case what would be the recommended way
of communication between my Java batch program and application server
environment.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

thanks

splash

Collin VanDyck

Does j2ee have any support for such kind of polling mechanism? .
Another option would be to keep the dameon process as a simple Java
program, which wakes up regulary and does JNDI lookups and invokes
certain j2ee services. In this case what would be the recommended way
of communication between my Java batch program and application server
environment.

For J2EE polling, check out the Timer Service, which is available in J2EE
1.4.

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/NewEJB4.html

-CV