J2ME, CLDC 1.0 v.s CLDC 1.1

Boki

Hi All,
The bluetooth function seems not work on CLDC 1.0 phones,

ex: Motorola V3, but work on Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i.

Do you think it is the problem on CLDC version?

When I install the program, the phone will show "applicatoin error"

I have setup my WTK as CDLC 1.0 to complier the jar file already, but still
fail to run on Motorola V3.

Please advice.

Best regards,
Boki.

Boki

It seems that CLDC 1.0 can't accept this line:

try { con=(StreamConnection)
ceptAndOpen(); }

Coudl you please advice any other method ?

Best regards,
Boki.

Boki

You are right, I missed it ..

I will use Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i as develop phone now, because Nokia
6600/6xxx, Sony Ericsson P910/P900 are using Symbian OS, and I think there
are some boring secret on SPP, it is no help to developers.

Best regards,
Boki.

Darryl L. Pierce

Boki said:
Hi All,
The bluetooth function seems not work on CLDC 1.0 phones,

ex: Motorola V3, but work on Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i.

Do you think it is the problem on CLDC version?

No, I think the phones don't provide JSR-82 APIs.

Boki

No, it didn't.

I feel Nokia/Sony Ericsson has better capability with Bluetooth, motorola is
worse.

I have a motorola A768i cell, I feel the blutooth function is very limited
and no JSR-82. ( V3 was owned by company. )