jakarta-struts-1.1

Jason Us

Anyone know why the struts.tld, struts-form.tld files are not included
in 1.1?

I am looking at an old tutorial from 1.0 and these files are used.
Can't seem to make it work without them?

Windows 2000 SP3
Tomcat 4.06
jakarta-struts-1.1

Thanks in advance

Jason

Wendy S

Jason said:
Anyone know why the struts.tld, struts-form.tld files are not included
in 1.1?

They're in the struts.jar file.

Put something like this at the top of your JSP:

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html-el"
prefix="html-el" %>

And that's it. (Tomcat 4.0 is Servlet 2.3/JSP 1.2, right?) You don't have
to declare them in web.xml, Tomcat will find them from the URI. (Which is
*not* a URL, it does not go out to the internet to pick up the file, it'll
find it in the .jar file locally.)
I am looking at an old tutorial from 1.0 and these files are used.
Can't seem to make it work without them?

Not sure why you'd expect a 1.0 tutorial to work out of the box with 1.1,
actually.

Sudsy

Jason said:
Anyone know why the struts.tld, struts-form.tld files are not included
in 1.1?

I am looking at an old tutorial from 1.0 and these files are used.
Can't seem to make it work without them?

By my count this is the third time you've asked this question.
Those files don't exist on any of my installations, i.e. they
are not part of the struts distribution.
What piece of software do you have which requires these files?
Are they named in the web.xml of some subdirectory of webapps?
Perhaps you need to speak with the provider?