[Java Media Framework] Pb when removing video : audio stops

Laurent ADROIT

Hello,

The application I am working on handles audio and video (SIP
Communicator).

I would like to be able to stop and resume a stream (eg: maintain
audio and add/remove video) with the Java Media Framwork.

I succeed in removing the video and maintaining the audio. I am using
the method removeTarget() from the object RTPManager.

But when I remove video and maintain audio, the video stops as
requested but the audio stops as well.

Does anybody have an idea ? It seems that the audio stream is
prioritized

Thank you in advance for you help,
Laurent ADROIT
Trainee at FT R&D UK

Andrew Thompson

On 28 Apr 2004 10:55:46 -0700, Laurent ADROIT wrote:

Sub: [Java Media Framework] Pb when removing video : audio stops
( some people do not notice the subject )

The JMF also has its own forum
But when I remove video and maintain audio, the video stops as
requested but the audio stops as well.

Hang on.. is this not a continuation of..
<http://www.google.com/groups?th=703b57ceef3e5a3b> ?

Why did you drop the other thread?

Laurent ADROIT

The JMF also has its own forum

Unfortunately, I never got a response from that forum even if it's
dedicated :(
Hang on.. is this not a continuation of..
<http://www.google.com/groups?th=703b57ceef3e5a3b> ?

Kind of ...
Why did you drop the other thread?

Because I had no response to my last thread. And I thought that it was
better to start a new one as it's new aspect of the problem.

Sorry if I did wrong.

Andrew Thompson

Unfortunately, I never got a response from that forum even if it's
dedicated :(

That is a pity.
..I had no response to my last thread.
And I thought that it was better to start
a new one as it's new aspect of the problem.

I do not think there is any right/wrong
answer when you introduce new aspects
(while there could be any number of
opinions or attitudes..)

Best to reference it though, so people
can see what has already been suggested.

( Hope you solve the problem - BTW )