java & tomcat server

samir

I observe there are so many java version of jdk,sdk,java bean from
various companies can be downloaded without free of cost. To run a
tomcat apache server(6.0) in my computer which jdk or sdk is
suitable. if any one can help me to gain a complete knowledge of java,
java windows API, javadocumentation etc?

Joe Nine

samir said:
I observe there are so many java version of jdk,sdk,java bean from
various companies can be downloaded without free of cost. To run a
tomcat apache server(6.0) in my computer which jdk or sdk is
suitable. if any one can help me to gain a complete knowledge of java,
java windows API, javadocumentation etc?

First step is to find a Java group/forum.

Tim Slattery

samir said:
I observe there are so many java version of jdk,sdk,java bean from
various companies can be downloaded without free of cost. To run a
tomcat apache server(6.0) in my computer which jdk or sdk is
suitable. if any one can help me to gain a complete knowledge of java,
java windows API, javadocumentation etc?

Way off topic. This group discusses Javascript, not Java. They are not
even closed to the same thing. Try comp.language.java.programmer.

Tomcat comes with a JRE built in. You can use any of the zillions of
Java IDEs (many of them free and very good) to develop for it.