JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 1

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Mentifex, May 1, 2011.

  1. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    Sun.1.MAY.2011 -- Organizing the AI Mind Control Panel

    The AiMind Control Panel has room for about
    six hyperlinks. It seems best if we include in the
    Control Panel both a link to the current Robots.net
    http://robots.net/person/AI4U/diary/50.html
    AI Lab Notes and a link to the most recent
    comp.lang.javascript Usenet post, without linking
    after all to the Wikipedia article on the Singularity
    for lack of room in the Control Panel. The immediate
    link to the Robots.net AI Lab Notes lets the users see
    an HTML page with embedded links, and we can
    predict in advance the URL address of the AI Lab Notes.
    By linking to the recent comp.lang.javascript Usenet
    post, we obviate the need and the unpleasantness of
    going back into the current JSAI version and changing
    the Usenet link. When we upload and release a JSAI
    version, it should remain the same and not be subject
    to change by the updating of a Usenet link. Since we
    now already have the current Robots.net AI Lab Notes
    link, it would actually be redundant to link to a current
    Usenet post of the same material, which would not even
    have the embedded HTML links. By linking to a one-off
    Usenet post, we let the users follow the chain of Usenet
    posts backwards through time. Furthermore, if we are
    careful in each new Usenet post to link to the simultaneous
    Robots.net AI Lab Notes, then users following the
    backwards chain always have the option of clicking over
    to the embedded-links HTML version on the Robots.net site.

    Sun.1.MAY.2011 -- Linking Subject with Related Knowledge

    Today we are concerned with bringing the latest MindForth
    improvements into the JavaScript artificial intelligence (JSAI).
    A minor change in the MindForth code has improved the AI
    functionality with respect to the proper linkage between
    pronouns as subjects of a BeVerb and predicate nominatives
    stored as knowledge in the knowledge-base of the
    experiential memory of the AI. The necessary change was
    to set conceptual activations at zero for concept-words that
    have served as elements of verbal thought in the AI Mind
    and have passed through the ReEntry process back into
    the experiential memory of the mind. We will follow the new
    activation rules (ActRules) for ReEntry in the JSAI as well as
    in MindForth, so that we may keep the two AI "cousins" as
    genetically close as possible in both Forth and JavaScript.

    In the InStantiate mind-module, we brought over some code
    from MindForth to set conceptual activations to zero during the
    instantiation of ReEntry concepts. We noticed an immediate
    improvement in the linking of subjects with related knowledge.
    We are eager to implement MachineSelfReference as a
    MileStone on our RoadMap to artificial intelligence.

    Mentifex (Arthur)
    --
    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    http://robots.net/person/AI4U/diary/50.html