Singularity Alert for OO AI in Ruby & Javascript

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mentifex, Apr 7, 2010.

  1. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    The Amazon sales rank for the renegade AI4U
    textbook of artificial intelligence recently
    showed a slight uptick indicating that some
    genius AI devotee has prudently purchased the
    "leading" (idea-wise, not sales-wise :) AI
    textbook in order to study open-source AI For You.

    Each such instance of incremental AI funding
    prompts the author of AI4U here to work
    incrementally harder on advancing the state
    of the art of the AI in AI4U.

    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html for
    MSIE has yesterday been updated with a significant
    change to the basic underlying mindgrid. The
    enLexicon array now contains a male-female-neuter
    "mfn" gender flag so that the EnPronoun mind-module
    may (hopefully soon) begin to substitute the proper
    choice of "he", "she" or "it" when referring to an
    English noun.

    This minor change has a major significance,
    because non-English European languages (German,
    Russian, French, etc.) require mechanisms for
    thinking in terms of the gender of nouns as a
    show-stopper item.

    http://AIMind-i.com is potentially only the first
    offshoot of the Mentifex open-source AI initiating
    AI evolution along hereditary bloodlines and leading
    who-can-tell to the triggering of the Singularity.
    Hence this AI4U Singularity Alert is issued by

    Very truly yours,

    Mentifex
    --
    http://mind.sourceforge.net/ruby.html
    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt

    --- EXCERPTS FROM THE MINDFORTH PROGRAMMING JOURNAL ---

    Tues.6.APR.2010 -- Updating the basic mindgrid structure

    Yesterday in the AiMind.html JavaScript AI (JSAI) we
    added the male-female-neuter "mfn" variable to the
    enLexicon array so that the JSAI would be on a par
    with the basic mindgrid structure of the MindForth AI.
    Although we were eager to commence programming some
    primitive code involving grammatical gender in MindForth,
    we first installed the "mfn" flag in the JSAI structure
    so that the JSAI would not lag too far behind the
    cognitive architecture of MindForth.

    Since we may be showing the way towards successful AI
    implementations, we regard it as important to set the basic
    structure of the evolving AI minds as early as possible.

    Tues.6.APR.2010 -- Considerations of the use of "mfn"

    When we introduced the EnPronoun mind-module in
    the fp091229.html MFPJ entry of 29 December 2009,
    we attained the immediate goal of having the AI
    replace a plural English noun with the word "they"
    history of AI development, it was a natural point
    to begin substituting pronouns for nouns, because
    question-and-answer dialogs would sound unnatural
    without the use of pronouns. However, we were not
    yet prepared to substitute "he", "she" or "it" for
    singular English nouns, because we needed some kind
    of gender flag to govern the proper selection of a
    pronoun. Now with the insertion of the "mfn" flag
    into both MindForth and the JSAI, we are ready to
    implement the mechanisms of thinking with gender.
    Various questions and concerns automatically arise.

    The basic questions are how will the AI keep track
    of gender, and how will the AI replace a singular
    noun with its appropriate pronoun? Since we have
    already demonstrated how to replace a plural noun
    with "they" in our AI Mind code, the main question
    is how to keep track of gender.

    The cues for selecting a gender-pronoun must likely
    come from two origins: the previously "stamped" or
    "recorded" gender of a noun, and from hints carried
    into the AI mind along with usages of the singular
    noun in question. For instance, if a human user says that
    "Mark is a boy", and the AI already knows that all boys
    are masculine, then the AI should be able to assign a
    masculine "mfn" tag to "Mark". However, such an inference
    is actually getting ahead of the game, because there are
    some much more primitive mechanisms available for
    assigning "mfn" tags.

    If we cause the AI to check for a pre-existing "mfn"
    tag and to simply re-use it when a new instance of a
    singular noun comes in, we ought to get the noun-gender
    right for most instances of a noun, especially for
    proper names. Of course, there are exceptions, as
    for example when a name like "Pat" can be masculine
    or feminine. But if a word like "the man" is stored
    as masculine and the "mfn" tag keeps getting passed
    forward, we should there have a pretty safe mechanism
    for getting the gender right by using "he" as a
    pronoun to refer to "the man".

    More complex situations will arise in cases such as
    when the AI must assign a gender flag to a noun because
    a human user has used "he", "she" or "it" to talk about
    the noun. If an AI in a science museum asks a human user,
    "Where is your friend?", the answer could be "He is here"
    or "She is here". We do not want the AI to assign a
    long-term gender flag to the word "friend". Rather,
    we would like there to be some sort of temporary
    mechanism that assigns a gender flag only to a
    temporary antecedent -- which may require the creation
    of a new variable such as "tempant" to hold such data
    as the temporary "mfn" value. Then there might be some
    kind of override, so that the AI thinks in terms of the
    temporary antecedent instead of in terms of the
    gender-ambiguous noun "friend".

    As we think about these cues and hints for selecting
    a gender-prounoun, today we suddenly see a special
    reason why a language like German tends to use a
    definite article in talking about a person. For instance,
    a German-speaker might say, "Der Ben ist hier, aber
    die Natascha ist nicht hier." Students learning German
    may think that such a custom is merely quaint, but AI
    coders faced with implementing gender-cues may suddenly
    see a special reason for the quaint custom. The colloquial
    use of "der Ben" or "die Natascha" serves as an aide-memoire
    to jolt the German-thinking mind into the immediate
    assignment of the proper gender-flag by the other party
    in a conversation. If one person asks, "Wo ist der Ben?",
    it is easy for a responding person to answer, "Er ist
    nicht hier," because the gender-cue is contained in the
    very question. If you ask a German-speaker, "Wo ist Ben?",
    the answer might have to be "Ben ist nicht hier", because
    the respondent is rushing to provide information and does
    not want to go the extra distance of letting a latent
    gender-flag influence the response.

    --- END OF EXCERPTS FROM THE MFPJ ----

    Mentifex, Apr 7, 2010

  2. Mentifex

    Bill Kelly Guest

    Haha!

    360502 10/04/07 01:54:13 [cremes.devlist ] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360503 10/04/07 02:05:23 [aldric trevoke.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360506 10/04/07 02:11:03 [cremes.devlist ] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360508 10/04/07 02:34:02 [ryand-ruby zens] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360509 10/04/07 02:40:07 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360511 10/04/07 03:06:03 [aldric trevoke.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360512 10/04/07 03:40:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360513 10/04/07 03:55:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360515 10/04/07 04:10:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360516 10/04/07 04:20:10 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360517 10/04/07 04:35:05 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360519 10/04/07 04:45:43 [josh.cheek gmai] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360522 10/04/07 05:05:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360527 10/04/07 05:43:03 [josh.cheek gmai] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360529 10/04/07 05:45:15 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360531 10/04/07 05:55:05 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360532 10/04/07 05:55:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360533 10/04/07 06:22:56 [rimantas gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360534 10/04/07 06:25:05 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360535 10/04/07 06:25:50 [mjtanton gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360538 10/04/07 07:00:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360539 10/04/07 07:10:07 [ryand-ruby zens] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360540 10/04/07 07:10:29 [ryand-ruby zens] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360541 10/04/07 07:10:59 [ryand-ruby zens] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360542 10/04/07 07:45:06 [gmkoller gmail.] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360547 10/04/07 07:51:16 [tony medioh.com] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360548 10/04/07 08:01:11 [tony medioh.com] Re: ThunkGen released!
    360549 10/04/07 08:20:07 [mentifex myuw.n] Singularity Alert for OO AI in Ruby & Javascript

    Dun dun dunnnn!!!!

    I just can't stop laughing...

    Anyway,

    Happy rubying :)

    Bill Kelly, Apr 7, 2010

    See. Don't say I didn't warn you. Arthur T Murray is now here

    It will be going downhill fast.

    Peter Hickman, Apr 7, 2010
  4. Mentifex

    thunk Guest

    the indian guide gave you false signal

    the wagons were circled, pistols checked

    relax ladies, and stop tearing your petticoats now...

    you are not surrounded by berzerker thunks

    that thunkGen thread was more:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Samurai

    final scene

    you won

    tom cruise was gunned down.....

    this would be more about figuring out how/where to save the generated
    files from a "expert session" if their is a constructive bone left in
    your spines.

    thunk, Apr 7, 2010