JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 30

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Mentifex, May 30, 2011.

  1. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.

    The JavaScript artificial intelligence (JSAI) is now
    being updated with new code from the MindForth AI,
    which on 29 May 2011 gained the ability to search its
    knowledge base (KB) twice in response to a single
    query and provide different but valid answers by
    means of the neural inhibition of the first answer
    in order to arrive next at the second answer.
    In other words, the JSAI will be able to discuss
    a subject exhaustively in terms of what it knows
    about the subject -- a major step in our
    achievement of the MileStone of self-referential
    thought on the RoadMap to artificial general
    intelligence. The AI source code has not yet
    been fine-tuned. We hope to achieve in
    JavaScript the basic functionality that has
    been created in MindForth.

    Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
    all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
    work right. We had to hunt down and fix
    (by commenting out) some lines of obsolete
    code in the SpreadAct mind-module,
    where negative activation values were being
    reset to zero -- to the detriment of inhibition-values,
    which need to slowly PsiDecay upwards
    towards zero. We then achieved JSAI
    functionality on a par with MindForth.
    We entered new knowledge into the
    knowledge base (KB). We queried the KB
    twice with the same question, and the artificial
    AI Mind correctly gave us two different answers
    in complete agreement with the knowledge base.

    Mentifex (Arthur)
    --
    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    http://cyborg.blogspot.com/2011/05/may30jsai.html
    Mentifex, May 30, 2011

  2. Mentifex

    Gildas Guest

    On May 30, 7:47 pm, Mentifex <> wrote:
    > Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
    > [...]
    > Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
    > all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
    > http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    > program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
    > work right.

    FYI, this page still does not work correctly with chrome.

    Uncaught TypeError:
    Object #<CSSStyleDeclaration> has no method 'setAttribute'
    showSubjectAiMind.html:3296
    SpreadActAiMind.html:563
    NounActAiMind.html:673
    NounPhraseAiMind.html:2807
    EnCogAiMind.html:3198
    ThInkAiMind.html:3258
    MainLoopAiMind.html:3679
    Gildas, Jun 2, 2011

  3. Gildas <> writes:

    > On May 30, 7:47 pm, Mentifex <> wrote:
    >> Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
    >> [...]
    >> Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
    >> all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
    >> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    >> program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
    >> work right.

    > FYI, this page still does not work correctly with chrome.
    >
    > Uncaught TypeError:
    > Object #<CSSStyleDeclaration> has no method 'setAttribute'
    > showSubjectAiMind.html:3296
    > SpreadActAiMind.html:563
    > NounActAiMind.html:673
    > NounPhraseAiMind.html:2807
    > EnCogAiMind.html:3198
    > ThInkAiMind.html:3258
    > MainLoopAiMind.html:3679

    Which is unsurprising, since a CSSStyleDeclaration isn't supposed
    to have any setAttribute method.
    It'll probably be better to use the setProperty method, or, preferably,
    just write directly to the property name on the style object, i.e.,
    foo.style.left = "10px";
    instead of
    foo.style.setProperty("left","10px","");

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Holst Nielsen
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Jun 2, 2011
  4. Lasse Reichstein Nielsen wrote:

    > Gildas <> writes:
    >> On May 30, 7:47 pm, Mentifex <> wrote:
    >>> Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
    >>> [...]
    >>> Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
    >>> all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
    >>> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    >>> program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
    >>> work right.

    >> […]

    Please do not feed the troll.

    <http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html>

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jun 2, 2011
  5. Mentifex

    Erwin Moller Guest

    On 6/2/2011 6:56 PM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Lasse Reichstein Nielsen wrote:
    >
    >> Gildas<> writes:
    >>> […]

    > Please do not feed the troll.
    >
    > <http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html>

    Exactly. ;-)
    He is one of the most famous spammers in the history of usenet.
    Mentifex and his AI exists only in his mind.

    But I must admit I fell for his nonsense the first time too (long ago).

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    --
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without
    evidence."
    Erwin Moller, Jun 2, 2011
  6. Mentifex

    Gildas Guest

    On Jun 2, 6:56 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:

    > Please do not feed the troll.
    >
    > <http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html>

    Thanks for the information.