JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 30

Mentifex

Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.

The JavaScript artificial intelligence (JSAI) is now
being updated with new code from the MindForth AI,
which on 29 May 2011 gained the ability to search its
knowledge base (KB) twice in response to a single
query and provide different but valid answers by
means of the neural inhibition of the first answer
in order to arrive next at the second answer.
In other words, the JSAI will be able to discuss
a subject exhaustively in terms of what it knows
about the subject -- a major step in our
achievement of the MileStone of self-referential
thought on the RoadMap to artificial general
intelligence. The AI source code has not yet
been fine-tuned. We hope to achieve in
JavaScript the basic functionality that has
been created in MindForth.

Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
work right. We had to hunt down and fix
(by commenting out) some lines of obsolete
code in the SpreadAct mind-module,
where negative activation values were being
reset to zero -- to the detriment of inhibition-values,
which need to slowly PsiDecay upwards
towards zero. We then achieved JSAI
functionality on a par with MindForth.
We entered new knowledge into the
knowledge base (KB). We queried the KB
twice with the same question, and the artificial
AI Mind correctly gave us two different answers
in complete agreement with the knowledge base.

Mentifex (Arthur)

Gildas

Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
[...]
Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
work right.

FYI, this page still does not work correctly with chrome.

Uncaught TypeError:
Object #<CSSStyleDeclaration> has no method 'setAttribute'
showSubjectAiMind.html:3296
SpreadActAiMind.html:563
NounActAiMind.html:673
NounPhraseAiMind.html:2807
EnCogAiMind.html:3198
ThInkAiMind.html:3258
MainLoopAiMind.html:3679

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Gildas said:
Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
[...]
Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
work right.

FYI, this page still does not work correctly with chrome.

Uncaught TypeError:
Object #<CSSStyleDeclaration> has no method 'setAttribute'
showSubjectAiMind.html:3296
SpreadActAiMind.html:563
NounActAiMind.html:673
NounPhraseAiMind.html:2807
EnCogAiMind.html:3198
ThInkAiMind.html:3258
MainLoopAiMind.html:3679

Which is unsurprising, since a CSSStyleDeclaration isn't supposed
to have any setAttribute method.
It'll probably be better to use the setProperty method, or, preferably,
just write directly to the property name on the style object, i.e.,
foo.style.left = "10px";
instead of
foo.style.setProperty("left","10px","");

/L

Erwin Moller

Lasse said:
Gildas said:
Mon.30.MAY.2011 -- Searching the AI Knowledge Base.
[...]
Upshot: After we transferred mutatis mutandis
all the pertinent code from MindForth into the
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
program in JavaScript, the JSAI still did not
work right.
[…]

Please do not feed the troll.

<http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html>

Exactly. ;-)
He is one of the most famous spammers in the history of usenet.
Mentifex and his AI exists only in his mind.

But I must admit I fell for his nonsense the first time too (long ago).

Regards,
Erwin Moller