JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 4

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Mentifex, May 5, 2011.

  1. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    Wed.4.MAY.2011 -- Bugfix of the WHO Problem.

    The JavaScript AI Mind is a tutorial version of the
    more robust artificial intelligence in Forth called
    MindForth. Recently we solved a "WHO" problem
    in MindForth, namely the inability of the artificial mind
    to de-activate the concept of "who" from within an
    input query so as to impart full activation to whatever c
    oncept should be the answer to the who-query.
    In MindForth it turned out that the ReActivate
    mind-module was neglecting to zero out the
    concept of "who" and it was a simple bugfix to
    correct the problem. Now apparently the JSAI
    has the same problem, because we input
    "who are you" and we obtain the erroneous
    output, "WHO IS I". Since the concept of "who"
    is obviously not being de-activated, we will try
    the same bugfix that we used in MindForth.
    We tried it, and it works.

    Wed.4.MAY.2011 -- Selecting "AN" Article Before Vowels

    Today into the J avaScript AI we have ported
    MindForth code that substitutes "AN" for "A"
    before a noun that starts with a vowel.
    The mind-module of En Article (for English
    articles) has no problem of guessing whether
    a vowel comes next, but instead knows for
    sure when a vowel is coming, because the
    NounPhrase module is ready to speak the
    first phoneme of the chosen noun prior to
    calling the En Article module. Thus the
    AiMind seems to use "AN" or "A" as
    effortlessly as a human mind does.

    Mentifex (Arthur)