Jboss is not accessible via Web ???????

divyaearly

Hi All,
Jboss is there on my laptop.
With http://localhost:8080 I can see it
With http://<my_ip>:8080 I can see it on comp on my home network
with http://<my_ip>:8080 I can't see it from any other comp on web

Can anyone suggest what may be the possible reason?
Thanks in advance
Divya Jain

kristof.sajdak

Hi All,
Jboss is there on my laptop.
Withhttp://localhost:8080 I can see it
With http://<my_ip>:8080 I can see it on comp on my home network
with http://<my_ip>:8080 I can't see it from any other comp on web

Can anyone suggest what may be the possible reason?
Thanks in advance
Divya Jain

A lot of ISP's block port 80 and 8080

Stefan Schmiedl

Hi All,
Jboss is there on my laptop.
With http://localhost:8080 I can see it
With http://<my_ip>:8080 I can see it on comp on my home network
with http://<my_ip>:8080 I can't see it from any other comp on web

so you have a home network sharing a single ip via a router?
make the router forward incoming connections to port 8080 to
the server's local ip address.

s.

divyaearly

A lot of ISP's block port 80 and 8080

Hi,
Thanks for information ,
can u please suggest some alternative to overcome this problem?
any suggestion ....
I would appriciate your effort
thanks in advance
divya

divyaearly

so you have a home network sharing a single ip via a router?
make the router forward incoming connections to port 8080 to
the server's local ip address.

s.

Hi thanks for reply
No i have seprate IPs for each PC and Laptop
Can u help me out ?
thanks in advance
divya

Lew

Thanks for information ,
can u please suggest some alternative to overcome this problem?
any suggestion ....

If your ISP is blocking the port, then only the ISP can unblock it. If you ask
them to do that, they probably will tell you that running a server from your
home account is against your service agreement, and force you into a more
expensive "business" plan. If you find a way to circumvent their block, or if
your ISP is not the cause and you fix the cause, they may later notice through
port scans that you are running a server, and force you into a more expensive
plan.

Service plans vary. I base what I say on what my ISP does. Also, it seems that
they are rather narrow in their definition of a server. (For example, they
don't seem to get upset about your instant message client, which is a server.)
They seem to get involved when your upload volume reaches a trigger level.

Assuming that your ISP allows you to run a server, but that they are blocking
the ports, you will need to contact their customer support to open those ports.

- Lew

Stefan Schmiedl

Hi thanks for reply
No i have seprate IPs for each PC and Laptop

Of course, every networked machine has its own IP address. The
question is, is it in a private subnet like 192.168.x.x or 10.12.xx
or even 169.254.x.x?

How is your "home networked" connected to the internet at large?
What is the IP address of your server?

s.

divyaearly

Of course, every networked machine has its own IP address. The
question is, is it in a private subnet like 192.168.x.x or 10.12.xx
or even 169.254.x.x?

How is your "home networked" connected to the internet at large?
What is the IP address of your server?

s.- Hide quoted text -

hi ,
Yeah it is on the Web ...
I mean my PC's IP is unique on the internet ...

divyaearly

[...]

Thanks Lew
I will try to get in touch with them !!!

Ian Wilson

Hi All,
Jboss is there on my laptop.
With http://localhost:8080 I can see it
With http://<my_ip>:8080 I can see it on comp on my home network
with http://<my_ip>:8080 I can't see it from any other comp on web

Can anyone suggest what may be the possible reason?
Thanks in advance
Divya Jain

This isn't really a Java question.

When you visit http://whatsmyip.org from your laptop do you see the LAN
IP address of the laptop?

Is your router using NAT?

What firewall rules are in your router?

I'd take the problem to a more appropriate newsgroup.