    to open it.

    has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

    thanks
    Jeremy Watts, Sep 8, 2004

  2. On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:01:52 GMT, Jeremy Watts wrote:

    > i just downloaded the 'jcreator IDE'

    Which one? On this page there are
    three separate links.
    <http://www.jcreator.com/download.htm>

    >..at www.jcreator.com but the downloaded
    > IDE doesnt seem ..

    Seem? *

    >..to have a valid digital signature, and so am unsure whether
    > to open it.
    >
    > has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

    Just downloaded, installed and ran 'jcrea310.zip'
    successfully, there was no mention of any invalid
    certificate.

    What exactly led you to say it does not 'seem'
    to have a valid certificate? What tests did
    you do to ascertain that, or in what form were
    you told that (as in - a warning dialog on
    install)?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Jeremy Watts

    kaeli Guest

    In article <kOH%c.105$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > i just downloaded the 'jcreator IDE' at www.jcreator.com but the downloaded
    > IDE doesnt seem to have a valid digital signature, and so am unsure whether
    > to open it.
    >
    > has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

    Depends where you got it from, but from the official site, yes, I have, and
    it's fine.

    ~kaeli~
    Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Jeremy Watts

    Jeremy Watts Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:01:52 GMT, Jeremy Watts wrote:
    >
    >> i just downloaded the 'jcreator IDE'

    > Which one? On this page there are
    > three separate links.
    > <http://www.jcreator.com/download.htm>
    >
    >>..at www.jcreator.com but the downloaded
    >> IDE doesnt seem ..

    > Seem? *
    >
    >>..to have a valid digital signature, and so am unsure whether
    >> to open it.
    >>
    >> has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

    > Just downloaded, installed and ran 'jcrea310.zip'
    > successfully, there was no mention of any invalid
    > certificate.
    >
    > What exactly led you to say it does not 'seem'
    > to have a valid certificate? What tests did
    > you do to ascertain that, or in what form were
    > you told that (as in - a warning dialog on
    > install)?

    well, a message popped up surprisingly saying 'this does not have a valid
    digital signature'

    Jeremy Watts, Sep 9, 2004
  5. On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:56:04 GMT, Jeremy Watts wrote:

    > well, a message popped up surprisingly saying 'this does not have a valid
    > digital signature'

    Which version?? I downloaded 'jcrea310.zip' ..
    is that the *same* file you are dealing with?

    I feel you may benefit from a few tips on
    how to get useful answers on public
    forums, they are summarised here..
    <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before>

    Also, your level of questions (which I've answered
    across two groups now) also suggest to me that you
    would be best off posting for the moment on a
    *third* group, described here..

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson