jcreator IDE

Jeremy Watts

i just downloaded the 'jcreator IDE' at www.jcreator.com but the downloaded
IDE doesnt seem to have a valid digital signature, and so am unsure whether
to open it.

has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

thanks

Andrew Thompson

i just downloaded the 'jcreator IDE'

Which one? On this page there are
three separate links.
..at www.jcreator.com but the downloaded
IDE doesnt seem ..

Seem? *
..to have a valid digital signature, and so am unsure whether
to open it.

has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

Just downloaded, installed and ran 'jcrea310.zip'
successfully, there was no mention of any invalid
certificate.

What exactly led you to say it does not 'seem'
to have a valid certificate? What tests did
you do to ascertain that, or in what form were
you told that (as in - a warning dialog on
install)?

kaeli

i just downloaded the 'jcreator IDE' at www.jcreator.com but the downloaded
IDE doesnt seem to have a valid digital signature, and so am unsure whether
to open it.

has anyone downloaded this thin ok?

Depends where you got it from, but from the official site, yes, I have, and
it's fine.

Jeremy Watts

Andrew Thompson said:
Which one? On this page there are
three separate links.

Seem? *

Just downloaded, installed and ran 'jcrea310.zip'
successfully, there was no mention of any invalid
certificate.

What exactly led you to say it does not 'seem'
to have a valid certificate? What tests did
you do to ascertain that, or in what form were
you told that (as in - a warning dialog on
install)?

well, a message popped up surprisingly saying 'this does not have a valid
digital signature'

Andrew Thompson

well, a message popped up surprisingly saying 'this does not have a valid
digital signature'

Which version?? I downloaded 'jcrea310.zip' ..
is that the *same* file you are dealing with?

I feel you may benefit from a few tips on
how to get useful answers on public
forums, they are summarised here..
<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before>

Also, your level of questions (which I've answered
across two groups now) also suggest to me that you
would be best off posting for the moment on a
*third* group, described here..

HTH