jdk 1.5 and windows 7

Arved Sandstrom

Mike said:
If you want to tell a Fortune 500 company that in your opinion they need to
upgrade their production appservers to the newest version, feel free.
Unless they take your advice, be prepared to continue to support Java 1.4.
(As of a couple years ago, 1.3, but that's no longer a requirement (for me
at least))

I'm a professional IT consultant, paid to provide technical opinions. If
in my opinion a client should upgrade their application servers then I
will tell them - that's my responsibility. I could care less if they're
Fortune 500 or some little shop with 50 people - they still rate to get
the same technical opinion.

You're quite right, the client doesn't have to take my advice or anyone
else's. In fact they often don't, and I'm used as a result to working
with obsolete software that eventually causes exactly the same problems
for the client as I warned them about. Their problem, not mine. I still
work with J2EE 1.4 systems more often than Java EE 5, for sure.

AHS

Lew

Roedy said:
Imagine trying to explain to your mother that she needed to upgrade
her Java. Even if you gave keystroke by keystroke instructions, it
would be like asking her to skydive. It would just terrify her.

Hey! Leave my mother out of this, you!

FWIW, my mother is smarter that you describe. Maybe she's smarter than your
mother.