Latest version ready for flames

Hywel Jenkins

http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm

The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
vallidation.

But I'll expect some bullshit about the double scrollbars.

<flame on!>

You're not making *any* progress at all are you? That you come here
pretending to have a clue is fantastic. You've spent weeks on this crap
and it's still unusable from a visitor's point of view.

Richard

Wrong, RtS:
Line 29, column 23: end tag for element "STYLE" which is not open

That is in the javascript section which will be put in an external file.
Don't worry though - you're still amazing me.

And you were such an expert even before there was an internet.
It amazes me how often YOU bigots forget you were once a fledgeling
struggling baby.
Instead of giving constructive advice, you're more willing to shoot someone
down.
Take a look back at the history of "windows".
Can you imagine surfing the web with windows 1.0 as it was?
And to think that it only took microsoft some 25 years to get here.
And you expect everyone to cough up a major thoroughly working mega
website, that validates, accessible to all, over night.
Hell, if i knew enough of scripting, I'd write my own damn scripts.
Then I wouldn't be spending days weeding through a ton of garbage looking
for one script that works the way I want it to.

Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.
Oh sorry, you're 13 now.

Toby Inkster

Richard said:
The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
vallidation.

From a practical standpoint, lack of alt attributes is one of the easiest
faults to fix. It can have virtually no negitive side-effects, and fixing
the problem immediately benefits many users.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:
That is in the javascript section which will be put in an external file.

When? You been saying that for 2 weeks.

Wÿrm

And you expect everyone to cough up a major thoroughly working mega
website, that validates, accessible to all, over night.

Your website ain't "MEGA" website now is it? :) Unless your idea of "mega"
is quite opposite, that is. It ain't that hard to make code validate you
know. It do not take any special powers ;)

Hell, if i knew enough of scripting, I'd write my own damn scripts.

Ah, so you dont know what scripts you use do? Surely sign of "professional"
in work huh? ;)

Has it ever occured to you that...

Then I wouldn't be spending days weeding through a ton of garbage looking
for one script that works the way I want it to.

....it would be sometimes easier/better to LEARN write your own scripts. They
are not that complex usually you know. But then again, if you are incapable
of learning anything, then it is better to use scripts written by others
anyway..

Oh, and btw. I found your picture at
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~johanknu/4images/data/media/10/1080065830042.jpg

hyweljenkins

Richard said:
That is in the javascript section which will be put in an external file.

And you were such an expert even before there was an internet.

Unlikely. I was born in 1970 - a few years after the birth of the
internet. However, I have been writing *my own* code since I was 11,
starting out with BASIC on a VIC-20.

It amazes me how often YOU bigots forget you were once a fledgeling
struggling baby.
Instead of giving constructive advice, you're more willing to shoot someone
down.
Take a look back at the history of "windows".

Why? How is that relevant?

Can you imagine surfing the web with windows 1.0 as it was?

Yes. Windows 1 was merely "File Manager" to start applications, so
surfing the web would be not much different from surfing today using
Lynx.

And to think that it only took microsoft some 25 years to get here.
And you expect everyone to cough up a major thoroughly working mega
website, that validates, accessible to all, over night.
Hell, if i knew enough of scripting, I'd write my own damn scripts.

Well, duh.

Then I wouldn't be spending days weeding through a ton of garbage looking
for one script that works the way I want it to.

You should spend that time learning, then RtS.

Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.

Oo-er. At least all of the code is my own and it's valid XHTML1
Strict. Unless otherwise attributed all of the photos are mine, too.
I didn't steal them from Duende's, or any other, web site.

Oh sorry, you're 13 now.

Ooh, the pain. Thousands of years of human evolution and that's the
best insult you've got? I do realise that you're way behind the
evolutionary process, though. One day you may evolve your way out of
the pond, though we're not holding our breath for that to happen.

saz

http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm

The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
vallidation.

But I'll expect some bullshit about the double scrollbars.

<flame on!>

There isn't a whole lot here to comment on. I could whip off code in 10
seconds (or less) that would validate, but it doesn't mean the site will
look good.

Here's the bull**** about the scrollbars:

Very user unfriendly, and an average visitor wouldn't bother viewing
this site the way you have it right now.

Double scrollbars? Why? This is not visually appealing at all. Very
amatuerish.

Fat Sam

Richard said:
Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.

LOL...As opposed to yours?.....At least he's got a site.....All you have is
a collection of plagiarised scripts that you've used to create a very
user-unfriendly menu system......
A quick tip Richard.....Don't slag off other peoples websites, when your own
site doesn't actually work.....

Richard

First, the internet wasn't even born until 1985 so you couldn't be online at
the age of 11 writing code in html since that wasn't even really available
yet.
By the time you started grade school, I was already programming in BASIC.
My first computer was an atari 400.
Windows? What the hell is that?

Other than the inclusion of some php stuff, your site is nothing more than
standard html any kid could write.
Why do you use javascript to show an image when an image tag would suffice?
You keep blasting away at me for no alt attributes, and you don't implement
them yourself.

Duende's site? Nothing fancy or special about it. Half the space is blank.
Links open in a new page, where with a little more work, the information
could appear all on the same page.
A sick looking dancing chicken for an opening page? Extremely childish and
amateurish.
Duende claimed ownership of an image, yet runs away when he's challenged to
show the proof.
He didn't claim ownership of the girl's face now did he? Stolen from
somewhere? Most likely.

You sir, are a classic bigot.

Richard

While sitting in a puddle Wÿrm scribbled in the mud:

Speaking of copyrighted images used without permission, there's a classic
example.
I don't claim copyright to the source of THAT image, but the county of
Grant, Ky does.
However, since it is cropped, I can easily lay claim to the copyright since
it is MY face.
Where's the proof on your copyright claims, old man?