Latest version ready for flames

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Audry Glamour, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:09:54 -0800 Audry Glamour wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    >> http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm

    >> <flame on!>

    > This is what I saw after clicking the links:

    > http://tinyurl.com/6oxde

    > No need to flame. A picture is worth 1000 flames.

    > Audry

    What browser and version?

    Richard, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jan 20, 2005
  5. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm
    >
    > The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
    > vallidation.

    Wrong, RtS:
    Line 29, column 23: end tag for element "STYLE" which is not open

    Don't worry though - you're still amazing me.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 20, 2005
  6. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm
    >
    > The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
    > vallidation.
    >
    > But I'll expect some bullshit about the double scrollbars.
    >
    > <flame on!>

    You're not making *any* progress at all are you? That you come here
    pretending to have a clue is fantastic. You've spent weeks on this crap
    and it's still unusable from a visitor's point of view.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 20, 2005
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:08:54 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    >> http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm

    >> The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
    >> vallidation.

    > Wrong, RtS:
    > Line 29, column 23: end tag for element "STYLE" which is not open

    That is in the javascript section which will be put in an external file.

    > Don't worry though - you're still amazing me.

    And you were such an expert even before there was an internet.
    It amazes me how often YOU bigots forget you were once a fledgeling
    struggling baby.
    Instead of giving constructive advice, you're more willing to shoot someone
    down.
    Take a look back at the history of "windows".
    Can you imagine surfing the web with windows 1.0 as it was?
    And to think that it only took microsoft some 25 years to get here.
    And you expect everyone to cough up a major thoroughly working mega
    website, that validates, accessible to all, over night.
    Hell, if i knew enough of scripting, I'd write my own damn scripts.
    Then I wouldn't be spending days weeding through a ton of garbage looking
    for one script that works the way I want it to.

    Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.
    Oh sorry, you're 13 now.

    Richard, Jan 20, 2005
  8. Richard

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
    > vallidation.

    From a practical standpoint, lack of alt attributes is one of the easiest
    faults to fix. It can have virtually no negitive side-effects, and fixing
    the problem immediately benefits many users.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 20, 2005
  9. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    >> Wrong, RtS:
    >> Line 29, column 23: end tag for element "STYLE" which is not open

    > That is in the javascript section which will be put in an external file.

    When? You been saying that for 2 weeks.

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR

    Duende, Jan 20, 2005
  10. On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:53:52 -0600, Richard wrote:

    > Absolutely correct.
    > http://somestuff.batcave.net/screen1.jpg

    I doubt very much that IE and Firefox display your page identically
    pixel-for-pixel, and I doubt very much that anyone but a troll would claim
    they did.

    Brendan Taylor, Jan 20, 2005
  11. Richard

    Wÿrm Guest

    <snip>
    > And you expect everyone to cough up a major thoroughly working mega
    > website, that validates, accessible to all, over night.

    Your website ain't "MEGA" website now is it? :) Unless your idea of "mega"
    is quite opposite, that is. It ain't that hard to make code validate you
    know. It do not take any special powers ;)

    > Hell, if i knew enough of scripting, I'd write my own damn scripts.

    Ah, so you dont know what scripts you use do? Surely sign of "professional"
    in work huh? ;)

    Has it ever occured to you that...

    > Then I wouldn't be spending days weeding through a ton of garbage looking
    > for one script that works the way I want it to.

    ....it would be sometimes easier/better to LEARN write your own scripts. They
    are not that complex usually you know. But then again, if you are incapable
    of learning anything, then it is better to use scripts written by others
    anyway..

    Oh, and btw. I found your picture at
    http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~johanknu/4images/data/media/10/1080065830042.jpg

    Wÿrm, Jan 20, 2005
  12. Richard

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Jan 20, 2005
  13. Paul F. Johnson, Jan 20, 2005
  14. Richard

    Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:08:54 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001

    says...
    > >> http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm

    > >> The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
    > >> vallidation.

    > > Wrong, RtS:
    > > Line 29, column 23: end tag for element "STYLE" which is not open

    > That is in the javascript section which will be put in an external

    file.

    > > Don't worry though - you're still amazing me.

    > And you were such an expert even before there was an internet.

    Unlikely. I was born in 1970 - a few years after the birth of the
    internet. However, I have been writing *my own* code since I was 11,
    starting out with BASIC on a VIC-20.

    > It amazes me how often YOU bigots forget you were once a fledgeling
    > struggling baby.
    > Instead of giving constructive advice, you're more willing to shoot

    someone
    > down.
    > Take a look back at the history of "windows".

    Why? How is that relevant?

    > Can you imagine surfing the web with windows 1.0 as it was?

    Yes. Windows 1 was merely "File Manager" to start applications, so
    surfing the web would be not much different from surfing today using
    Lynx.

    > And to think that it only took microsoft some 25 years to get here.
    > And you expect everyone to cough up a major thoroughly working mega
    > website, that validates, accessible to all, over night.
    > Hell, if i knew enough of scripting, I'd write my own damn scripts.

    Well, duh.

    > Then I wouldn't be spending days weeding through a ton of garbage

    looking
    > for one script that works the way I want it to.

    You should spend that time learning, then RtS.

    > Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.

    Oo-er. At least all of the code is my own and it's valid XHTML1
    Strict. Unless otherwise attributed all of the photos are mine, too.
    I didn't steal them from Duende's, or any other, web site.

    > Oh sorry, you're 13 now.

    Ooh, the pain. Thousands of years of human evolution and that's the
    best insult you've got? I do realise that you're way behind the
    evolutionary process, though. One day you may evolve your way out of
    the pond, though we're not holding our breath for that to happen.
    --
    Hywel

    , Jan 20, 2005
  15. Richard

    saz Guest

    In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > http://somestuff.batcave.net/expandmenu3.htm
    >
    > The only errors are from NO alt tags so don't be whining about the
    > vallidation.
    >
    > But I'll expect some bullshit about the double scrollbars.
    >
    > <flame on!>

    There isn't a whole lot here to comment on. I could whip off code in 10
    seconds (or less) that would validate, but it doesn't mean the site will
    look good.

    Here's the bull**** about the scrollbars:

    Very user unfriendly, and an average visitor wouldn't bother viewing
    this site the way you have it right now.

    Double scrollbars? Why? This is not visually appealing at all. Very
    amatuerish.

    saz, Jan 20, 2005
  16. Richard

    JDS Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:10:54 -0600, Richard wrote:

    > Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.

    And how old are *you*, R, really? Either under 16 or over 70, by my
    estimation.

    --
    JDS |

    JDS, Jan 20, 2005
  17. Richard

    Fat Sam Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Your own site looks like it was done by a 12 year old.

    LOL...As opposed to yours?.....At least he's got a site.....All you have is
    a collection of plagiarised scripts that you've used to create a very
    user-unfriendly menu system......
    A quick tip Richard.....Don't slag off other peoples websites, when your own
    site doesn't actually work.....

    --
    Sam.
    www.fixaphoto.co.uk

    Fat Sam, Jan 20, 2005
  18. Richard

    Richard Guest

    First, the internet wasn't even born until 1985 so you couldn't be online at
    the age of 11 writing code in html since that wasn't even really available
    yet.
    By the time you started grade school, I was already programming in BASIC.
    My first computer was an atari 400.
    Windows? What the hell is that?

    Other than the inclusion of some php stuff, your site is nothing more than
    standard html any kid could write.
    Why do you use javascript to show an image when an image tag would suffice?
    You keep blasting away at me for no alt attributes, and you don't implement
    them yourself.

    Duende's site? Nothing fancy or special about it. Half the space is blank.
    Links open in a new page, where with a little more work, the information
    could appear all on the same page.
    A sick looking dancing chicken for an opening page? Extremely childish and
    amateurish.
    Duende claimed ownership of an image, yet runs away when he's challenged to
    show the proof.
    He didn't claim ownership of the girl's face now did he? Stolen from
    somewhere? Most likely.

    You sir, are a classic bigot.

    Richard, Jan 20, 2005
  19. In article <>,
    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    > What browser and version?

    Safari 1.2.3 (Need I add Mac?)

    Audry Glamour, Jan 20, 2005
  20. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On 20 Jan 2005 09:25:27 GMT Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle Wÿrm scribbled in the mud:

    >> Oh, and btw. I found your picture at
    >> http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~johanknu/4images/data/media/10/1080065830042.
    >> jpg

    > And for his real true life photos,
    > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/unit24/cenkoc/

    Speaking of copyrighted images used without permission, there's a classic
    example.
    I don't claim copyright to the source of THAT image, but the county of
    Grant, Ky does.
    However, since it is cropped, I can easily lay claim to the copyright since
    it is MY face.
    Where's the proof on your copyright claims, old man?

    Richard, Jan 20, 2005