legal mass mailing problems?

Aplus

Hi,
I am web admin for a school's website and now and again I have to send
emails to those who have signed the guestbook and have consented to this.
Now I have a distribution list within outlook but whenever I try to send
these emails I receive different errors e.g. 'too many recipients' Does
using CDONTs to dynamically send emails eliminate this problem? Are you
aware of any cheap programs out there that will meet my needs? I would also
like to be able to easily track and delete the emails that are no longer in
use...

Many thanks

Ray at

Your SMTP server may have a restriction on the number of recipients it will
accept in outbound e-mails. Have a chat with your SMTP server
administrator.

Ray at work

Phillip Windell

"Mass-mailing" is the job of a List Server not a Web server. Even a
normal Mail Server can have trouble if the list gets too large.

--

Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]
(e-mail address removed)

Phillip Windell

True. Along with everything else here, I also run our Exchange
Server. If anyone started trying to do "mass mailing" with it I'd
probably have to take 'em out in the back parking lot ;-)

--

Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]
(e-mail address removed)
WAND-TV (ABC Affiliate)