    How do libraries typically include presentation layer capabilities like
    this without using native servlets.

    -lee
    Lee Crawford, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Lee  Crawford

    Lew Guest

    Lee Crawford wrote:
    > I've got a framework that is a mix of Java code and supporting jsp
    > files. Is there a way to jar this up and place it in the WEB-INF/lib
    > directory of another web application and still be able to address the
    > jsp files?

    I don't know of any such thing and don't see how it could work if you did.

    > I don't necessarily need to directly address the .jsp files from the
    > outside, but would need to use things like RequestForwarded [sic] to access
    > them?

    Check out the Model-View-Controller architecture and, possibly, Struts.

    > How do libraries typically include presentation layer capabilities like
    > this without using native servlets.

    Why not code your servlets as servlets?

    To answer your stated question, WARs aren't like JARs that go into WARs. A WAR
    packages a Web _application_, not a library like JARs in a WEB-INF/lib/.
    Cooperating Web apps can be packaged into an EAR (Enterprise Archive).

    http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html

    - Lew
    Lew, Dec 30, 2006