Libraries in a WAR containing JSPs?

Lee Crawford

I've got a framework that is a mix of Java code and supporting jsp
files. Is there a way to jar this up and place it in the WEB-INF/lib
directory of another web application and still be able to address the
jsp files?

I don't necessarily need to directly address the .jsp files from the
outside, but would need to use things like RequestForwarded to access
them?

How do libraries typically include presentation layer capabilities like
this without using native servlets.

-lee

Lew

Lee said:
I've got a framework that is a mix of Java code and supporting jsp
files. Is there a way to jar this up and place it in the WEB-INF/lib
directory of another web application and still be able to address the
jsp files?

I don't know of any such thing and don't see how it could work if you did.
I don't necessarily need to directly address the .jsp files from the
outside, but would need to use things like RequestForwarded [sic] to access
them?

Check out the Model-View-Controller architecture and, possibly, Struts.
How do libraries typically include presentation layer capabilities like
this without using native servlets.

Why not code your servlets as servlets?

To answer your stated question, WARs aren't like JARs that go into WARs. A WAR
packages a Web _application_, not a library like JARs in a WEB-INF/lib/.
Cooperating Web apps can be packaged into an EAR (Enterprise Archive).

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html

- Lew