Libraries, packages and synthesis problems!

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Michael Nicklas, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I am trying to synthesise a bit of code which uses a package called
    text_util.

    The library declarations are as follows:

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;
    use IEEE.std_logic_arith.all;
    use IEEE.std_logic_unsigned.all;
    use std.textio.all;
    use txt_util.all;

    when I synthesise it (using Xilinx XST in ISE 6.1sp2) I get the following
    error:

    ERROR:HDLParsers:3014 -
    //s01/projects/tcs/tcs_02/TCS_02_VHDL_projects/ping_simulation_201103/SPARTA
    N.vhd Line 11. Library unit txt_util is not available in library work.

    I have checked the solution record on the Xilinx support site and it suggest
    that this error would be fixed in service pack 2, obviously this is not the
    case it was referring to specifically!

    Can anyone tell me what the procedure is for including packages in libraries
    please?

    Do I have to compile this text_util package to another library?

    Do I have to create a user library?

    Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

    Thanks in advance

    Mike Nicklas
    Michael Nicklas, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Michael Nicklas

    ghsdf Guest

    Put the package text_util in your working directory (i.e.where all your VHDL
    is kept for that project)
    Then call the package like so:

    use WORK.text_util.all;

    Hope this helps.
    Matt

    ghsdf, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Michael Nicklas

    Tero Kapanen Guest

    Hi, Michael,

    Include txt_util.vhd to your project and use line:
    use work.txt_util.all;
    instead of line:
    use txt_util.all;

    - tero