Long call to webservice generates "underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Techsatish, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Techsatish

    Techsatish Guest

    Hi,

    while iam generating a crystal report which makes a webservice call for
    the data from a

    OLAP MDX queries creates a Message "Server was unable to process
    request. --> The

    underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a
    receive." Error.

    i tried out creating a wrapper class for setting the webrequest
    connection live settings

    to false.

    Class MyTestService
    Inherits ReportsDataServices.ReportData
    Protected Overrides Function GetWebRequest(ByVal uri As Uri) As

    System.Net.WebRequest

    Dim webRequest As System.Net.HttpWebRequest
    webRequest = CType(MyBase.GetWebRequest(uri),
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest)
    'Setting KeepAlive to false
    webRequest.KeepAlive = False
    GetWebRequest = webRequest
    End Function
    End Class

    and called them the new wrapper class.
    Still the problem is not solved.Can somebody throw a idea on what went
    wrong and how this

    can be fixed?

    note:
    Here i run a start client making calls to a webservice for data and
    binding to a crystal

    report.data comes from a sql server anaylsis service mdx queries.

    thanks
    -satish
    Techsatish, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Techsatish

    Egghead Guest

    Hi here,

    No idea why you need a to have a wrapper class, just add the code in the web
    service ref class.

    Are you running WSE?

    I try all of those below which I find from the web when I try to solve a
    similar problem.

    Are you running win2k3 on the server , go to check your error/system logs at
    the server. Do you see something like "asp progress error" , ".net 2.0
    error"?

    - uninstall your .net 2.0 if you have .net 1.1 web app or web garden.
    (something wrong here but Microsoft does not tell us) <- not work for me
    - give the network service (assume the app running under that) the
    administer right. ( Bill said full control on some reg, but the tool to find
    out which reg will crash your pc), beside this solve a lot of other
    permission problems <-not work for me
    - disable DEP <- not work for me
    - uncheck keep alive in the setting <-not work for me
    - change asp session time out <-not work for me
    - change http time out <-not work for me
    - change the lanserver time out <- not work for me

    I am sure two things - the app will work on IIS 5.0 with windows 2K, and
    the web garden is not the problem. At the end, try to underinstall the sp1
    <- I will try it later for my problem as well.

    cheers,
    Egghead

    Egghead, Sep 22, 2006