Losing Session Variables

Jimbo

Hi All,

I'm rather new to ASP but I'm running into a problem that
has me stumped. I am developing some websites on my home
computer (WinXP Pro, IIS 5.1).

Basically, I have an ASP login page that once a user is
authenticated a session variable is set to show they have
logged in successfully.

For example:
Session("loggedin")= "True"

They are then redirected to the "member" page, which
checks the session variable and displays the member page
if it is true, or jumps them back to the Login page if
False.

For example:
If Session("loggedin") <> "True" Then
Response.Redirect ("login.asp")
Response.End
End If

The problem I'm running in to is that the session
variable does not seem to be saving any data so even
registered users (i.e., me at the moment) get bounced
back to the login page. (I've tried switching to
cookies, but have the same problem - not surprising I
guess, since sessions use cookies).

This was all working a few months back, but has now
stopped. I was working on a few different projects for
the past couple of months and have just returned to these
older projects. Any ideas as to what might be the cause
of this behavior and how it might be corrected? Could a
Windows or IE update be responsible?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Jimbo