Mac OS X - Deployment

Matt Trivisonno

Hi Everybody,

I just spent about an hour googling and still can't find out how to deploy a
Python app to Mac OS X.

I just finished a simple Hello-World GUI app using wxPython and deployed it to
a WinXP system using PyInstaller. So I am familiar with the basic tools.

It would be great if I could build an OS X executable from my XP system. Is
that possible? If so, is it documented anywhere?

If I can't do it on XP, I suppose I would have to install Python and wxPython
on a Mac, then copy over my HelloWorld.py file, but what then? I know how to
make DMG files, but what woudl go into the DMG?

I am used to REALbasic where you write your code and then push the "Build"
button and executables for Linux, Windows, and Mac are created in less than a
minute. Maybe the Python world will be as advanced one day...

Thanks,
Matt

James Stroud

Matt said:
[...]

py2app works for this. I'm not sure if it works from windows.