Master Page UICulture asp.net 2

fabuwardeh

Hi Everybody,
how i can localize the master page in asp.net 2
is there are away to set the master page culture in the code
i have already use InitializeCulture in my base page class but i am not
able to use it in the master page

please help me
thank you

fabuwardeh

i tried to use a global resource, but i cant access the expression for
menu item ...
i create a local resource for my MasterPage, and use the
Application_BeginRequest in global.asax to change the culture there..
but it doesnt make effect :(

michaelcoleman72

We have done the same thing, but we track what the user's culture
preference in their profile. After changing the culture, we require
the user to logout and back in again. The changes are picked up there.
Additionally, back sure in your InitializeCulture() override you do
the following:

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = user.CultureName;
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = user.CultureName;

base.InitializeCulture();

Guest

I have the same problem when the page is not “embedded†in the master page,
The example on the following link
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bz9tc508.aspx) works fine, but if
it is “embedded†in the master page. The overwritten
InitializeCulture()method returns null for Request.Form["ListBox1"].

Any idea if the problem can be solved?