"max pool size was reached" problem again!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Vladimir Davidov, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Hello everybody!

    I realize that the problem, I will ask for solution of, has been posted here
    once, but none of the replies would actually solve it. So I will try again -
    there is one project, which was developed in VS2002 and worked fine, no
    problems were ever encountered. Then it was transferred to new VS2003,
    rebuilt successfully but, after one page makes 2 - 4 requests to the DB on
    MSSQL Server 2000 SP3 I`m receiving an error like:

    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection
    from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in
    use and max pool size was reached.

    All connections are explicitly closed by calling .Close method, and then
    they are disposed by calling .Dispose method, and, finally, set to Nothing.
    The thing is that, this happens even for 1 user - me, sitting on the
    development server (or development workstation), I`m the only user who makes
    any connections, and I`m executing 1 SQL stored procedure call per 1
    connection opening, full closing-disposing-nothining block. All procedures
    are simple selects or inserts, which execute in no time. Time span between
    those actions is quite sufficient for the server to understand that I`m the
    only user, and that connection attributes have not changed, so it should be
    pooled. Nevertheless after making 2 - 4 runs to the database and looking
    into "SQL Server --> Current Activity --> Process info" I see 100 items long
    list of connections assigned to me.

    Well I`ve tried to give as full problem description as possible, please ask
    me if I`ve forgotten something.

    Yep, and I forgot to tell, that I do not use DataReaders, everything is done
    by creating SqlConnection, SqlCommand, SqlDataAdapter objects and filling
    DataTable object.
    Vladimir Davidov, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Vladimir Davidov

    +The_Taco+ Guest

    Maybe this will give you a hint of what your problem is...

    http://www.maximumasp.com/maxtrack.asp?kb=432

    To be continued...

    +The_Taco+, Nov 20, 2003