    versions.

    Can anyone please tell me what is it that I am doing wrong?

    TIA,

    Rohan De Sa, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Rohan De Sa <> scribbled the following:
    > Hello,
    > I am writing an MFC application in the developer environment. i
    > am using some functions like "CreateDirectory" and "CopyFile" from
    > winbase.h.

    > Unfortunately these functions dont work when I run the exe normally,
    > but if i get into debug mode and step through the functions then the
    > functions work perfectly. I am NOT confusing between debug and Release
    > versions.

    > Can anyone please tell me what is it that I am doing wrong?

    As the CreateDirectory and CopyFile functions, or indeed any function
    from winbase.h, are not standard, their behaviour is entirely
    implementation-dependent. Thus we cannot say what is wrong within the
    context of ISO standard C. Please ask in
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

    "It's not survival of the fattest, it's survival of the fittest."
    - Ludvig von Drake

    Joona I Palaste, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Rohan De Sa wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am writing an MFC application in the developer environment. i
    > am using some functions like "CreateDirectory" and "CopyFile" from
    > winbase.h.
    >
    > Unfortunately these functions dont work when I run the exe normally,
    > but if i get into debug mode and step through the functions then the
    > functions work perfectly. I am NOT confusing between debug and Release
    > versions.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me what is it that I am doing wrong?

    Yes : you're posting a question about C++ and the MS platform on a ng
    dedicated to the C language as defined by the ansi and ISO standards.

    This is plain wrong.

    Bruno

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Sep 23, 2003