Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by nicholas.gadacz, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. hello all,

    i have a permission issue.

    my script works fine on my windows2000 server development
    box, however when i move it to my windows2003 production
    server it produces an error. any help would be great.

    script
    <%
    set oWS=server.createobject("WScript.shell")
    ret=oWS.Run("c:\bat\send_erp_test.bat", 0, true) 'line 19

    if(ret=0) then
    message = "test_sent"
    else
    message = "not working<br>"
    end if
    %>

    error:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

    Permission denied

    /admin_rps/erp_send_test_sql.asp, line 19

    nicholas.gadacz, Oct 21, 2003

  2. I am guessing that, Windows 2003 permissions are tighter and hence the
    account your are running this ASP under, does not have permissions to
    execute the BAT file. Check in the security tab of file properties, what the
    IUSR account permissions are.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Oct 22, 2003

  3. i am sure it is a permissions problem but i just don't
    know what.

    for the bat file. it is in
    c:\bat

    and IUSR has rights to the directory and that file. do i
    have to do anything in iis? in windows 2000 server i did
    not have to do anything, but my machine is pretty open
    because i am behind a firewall.

    any help would be great. there is some difference between
    2000 and 2003 that i am missing.

    nicholas.gadacz

    nicholas.gadacz, Oct 22, 2003
  4. nicholas.gadacz

    Bob Barrows Guest

    nicholas.gadacz wrote:
    > i am sure it is a permissions problem but i just don't
    > know what.
    >
    > for the bat file. it is in
    > c:\bat
    >
    > and IUSR has rights to the directory and that file. do i
    > have to do anything in iis? in windows 2000 server i did
    > not have to do anything, but my machine is pretty open
    > because i am behind a firewall.
    >
    > any help would be great. there is some difference between
    > 2000 and 2003 that i am missing.

    <snip>
    >>> error:
    >>> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
    >>>
    >>> Permission denied
    >>>
    >>> /admin_rps/erp_send_test_sql.asp, line 19

    What about permissions for whatever the batch file is doing? IUSR needs
    permissions for those activities as well ...

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET