    Are there any 3rd party frameworks/libraries that could be used to
    accomplish this?
    Thank You
    CS, Jul 28, 2006

  2. This is a classic asp group.
    You may be better off asking the question to
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. You may get lucky with a response
    here, but I'd try the other newsgroup.

    Stu

    Stuart Palmer, Jul 28, 2006

  3. CS

    Mike Brind Guest

    CS wrote:
    > We have a huge fat client database enabled application.
    > It is a MDI app with a very rich graphic interface and hundreds of different
    > screens and dialog windows.
    > There is a lot of client side processing, validation, file manipulation even
    > interaction with 3rd party apps (i.e Microsoft Office).
    > Is it possible to migrate this type of an app to run as a Web app using ASP
    > .Net?

    Although this newsgroup covers classic asp, and ASP.NET is a different
    technology (with its own news group(s)), they both share the feature of
    being server-side technologies for dynamic web applications which are
    accessed by the client via a web browser. For security reasons, these
    kind of applications are unable to interact with the filesystem on the
    client. Consequently, the answer is no - what you describe is not
    possible.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Jul 28, 2006