Migrating apps from NT4 to Windows 2000 Server

Graham Carr

Hi,

My client has the need to upgrade to Windows 2000 Server from NT4 but are
concerned about whether there existing custom code (ASP,VB6,MTS, etc) will
work correctly once migrated.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find information relating to what
functionality has been deprecated in Windows 2000 Server since NT4 (I know
CDONTS is one of them).

Kind Regards,

Graham Carr

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Graham said:
Hi,

My client has the need to upgrade to Windows 2000 Server from NT4 but
are concerned about whether there existing custom code (ASP,VB6,MTS,
etc) will work correctly once migrated.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find information relating
to what functionality has been deprecated in Windows 2000 Server
since NT4 (I know CDONTS is one of them).

Kind Regards,

Graham Carr

You should be able to find this information at msdn.microsoft.com/library
with a basic search.

Bob Barrows

s_m_b

"=?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtIENhcnI=?=" <[email protected]>
wrote in
To be honest, I'd say your best approach is how I've always done it - build
a test environment and try it out.

ASP works, since IIS5 runs both NT4 style ASP and ASP.net
You mentioned CODNTS? Check www.aspfaq.com for some pointers on that.