Mirror sites vs. Search Engines

IGot2P

Not exactly HTML, but definitely related.

I have two sites (one published, the other soon to be) that are VERY
similar....in fact, the text content and images are almost identical.
The titles, meta tags, and a bit of the text is different but they are
dang close to the same. My concern is that the search engines,
especially Google, will consider them mirror sites (Spam) and dump one
or both. The reason for two sites is that we are reaching out for two
different audiences as the site offers two different, but somewhat
related, services.

Need some opinions on how much different the sites need to be before
they will be considered mirror sites and tossed by Google.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Don

A-OK-SITE

Not exactly HTML, but definitely related.

I have two sites (one published, the other soon to be) that are VERY
similar....in fact, the text content and images are almost identical.
The titles, meta tags, and a bit of the text is different but they are
dang close to the same. My concern is that the search engines,
especially Google, will consider them mirror sites (Spam) and dump one
or both. The reason for two sites is that we are reaching out for two
different audiences as the site offers two different, but somewhat
related, services.

Need some opinions on how much different the sites need to be before
they will be considered mirror sites and tossed by Google.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Don

The mystery behind what the GREAT GOOGLE GOD does is above what any
normal mortal can understand....LOL.

But by most of the info available the duplicate content should not
hurt your results because Google will pick one site to rate higher
than the other but should index both sites.

However, lately Google has been like a bipolar search engine who lost
its medicine. They are having problems with hackers and malware and
the fact that they are making major changes to the way they index and
rate sites. They have made numerous attempts to find unique content
and failed completely. By giving blogs and forums preference in
search results Google has unleashed numerous trojans, spyware, and
other malicious code on Internet users. To make matters worse Google
has invested heavily in these troubled ventures and stand to lose big
if the hackers win.

So in summary: The mystery behind what the GREAT GOOGLE GOD does is
above what any normal mortal can understand....LOL.

Daniel

http://a-ok-site.com