    they will be considered mirror sites and tossed by Google.

    Your comments would be appreciated.

    Don

    IGot2P, Jan 20, 2008

  2. IGot2P

    A-OK-SITE Guest

    On Jan 19, 11:23 pm, IGot2P <> wrote:
    > Not exactly HTML, but definitely related.
    >
    > I have two sites (one published, the other soon to be) that are VERY
    > similar....in fact, the text content and images are almost identical.
    > The titles, meta tags, and a bit of the text is different but they are
    > dang close to the same. My concern is that the search engines,
    > especially Google, will consider them mirror sites (Spam) and dump one
    > or both. The reason for two sites is that we are reaching out for two
    > different audiences as the site offers two different, but somewhat
    > related, services.
    >
    > Need some opinions on how much different the sites need to be before
    > they will be considered mirror sites and tossed by Google.
    >
    > Your comments would be appreciated.
    >
    > Don

    The mystery behind what the GREAT GOOGLE GOD does is above what any
    normal mortal can understand....LOL.

    But by most of the info available the duplicate content should not
    hurt your results because Google will pick one site to rate higher
    than the other but should index both sites.

    However, lately Google has been like a bipolar search engine who lost
    its medicine. They are having problems with hackers and malware and
    the fact that they are making major changes to the way they index and
    rate sites. They have made numerous attempts to find unique content
    and failed completely. By giving blogs and forums preference in
    search results Google has unleashed numerous trojans, spyware, and
    other malicious code on Internet users. To make matters worse Google
    has invested heavily in these troubled ventures and stand to lose big
    if the hackers win.

    So in summary: The mystery behind what the GREAT GOOGLE GOD does is
    above what any normal mortal can understand....LOL.

    Daniel

    http://a-ok-site.com

    A-OK-SITE, Jan 20, 2008