    any ideas somebody?

    thanks
    , Aug 8, 2005

    Yes, post the relevant part of your code.

    Rgds
    André
    , Aug 8, 2005

  3. Andy Peters Guest

    wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > could somebody help me with this error message i get from model sim se?
    > i'm trying to simulate (post place and route) my design and get the
    > following error message:
    > "error code: Failure: (vsim-3807) Types do not match between component
    > and entity for port key_input"
    >
    > My signal key_input is a integer right now (normally it is my own data
    > type but i changed it because i thought perhaps models sim can't handel
    > that). if i change it to std_logic i can simulate.
    > the behavioral simulation works just fine even with my datatype.
    > i checked my design module and the test bench and the datatypes are the
    > same in the entity and the component declaration.
    > if it helps i can post the source.
    > any ideas somebody?

    An integer is not the same at all as a std_logic (do you really mean
    std_logic_vector?).

    Make sure the signal has the same type everywhere : in the test bench
    instance, in the component declaration, in the entity declaration.
    make sure you compile from the bottom up, and make sure you select the
    proper configuration (if applicable).

    -a
    Andy Peters, Aug 8, 2005